DIY Acura CL-S Seats in LX Cloth Interior

ParisiOT

Reaction score
This is a guide on how to install and wire 01-03 Acura Cl-S Seats into a 2-way power Canadian Honda Accord LX.
This is what I did and it worked for me. Wiring may differ from model to model. No guarantees. Use your head.
Seats bolt right in without modification to the seat rails.
Note: If you have 8-way power accord seats, you will be able to skip a few steps as you will already have a second (blue) 20A power wire going to your seats. Also, if you have the Canadian model 8-way, you will already have switches wired for heat.

**Disconnect battery before doing any work on your car as this involves playing with airbag system and live wires.

Step 1:
Acquire Acura cl seats with clips and a decent amount of wire. The guy who sold me mine decided to help and cut the passenger wires with about an inch.... thanks bud!
While at the donor car, to the left of the under hood fuse box there will be a small box with 3 relays in it. Remove the top right relay. (pulls straight out). Also attain the bolt covers as the accord ones will not work.
Step 2:
Remove current seats. 4 bolts holding seat corners.
Optional: Sand and paint any rusted feet on your seats. Mine being a Canadian CL had a few.
IMG_7655_zps462217e4.jpg

Step 3:
Remove Back of passenger seat and begin to unwrap the cloth/leather off the left/driver side of seat. Remove white plastic cover and remove the SRS Module.
Repeat the process on the Cl passenger seat and swap in the accord OPDS module and seal back up seat.
IMG_7648_zps5618fe88.jpg

Step 4:
Remove glove box as if accessing cabin air filter to give you access to back of passenger’s under-dash fuse/relay box.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMRvqYsI2k4
Step 5:
Trace the wires under the Cl seats to find the seatbelt sensor plugs and disconnect them. Cl seats have them ran through a main pigtail, accord seats have a small separate one that can connect there. You can cut the male clip out of the seat if you want and make an optional specialty tool SCS Service Connector 07PAZ-0010100. lol
IMG_7670_zpsd0968d1b.jpg

Step 6:
Run a wire from the blue wire (20A power seat wire) on the other side of the passenger under-dash fuse box beside the red wire (20A power seat mine already had for the 2-way power). This way, your fuses will blow in the corresponding fuse slot on passenger side if the seats draw to much or short.
IMG_7661_zps0a0b6db2.jpg

Step 7:
Cut back the carpet(I know.. it sucks) between the holes to access the ground you will be attaching the circle terminals for your seats. Run 5 grounds.
IMG_7663_zps027d781f.jpg

I grounded the parking brake wire and the driver door sensor wire together and to the under seat ground. You can properly attach them, but I didn’t see a need. Doing this step will cause your seat to automatically go forward when the rear entry lever is pulled up and when you push the seat back, it will go back to the previous position.
IMG_7664_zps251b327f.jpg

Step 8:
Colour match your heated seat wires.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46555
^ Helped me run power to my heated seats. Illumination wires I tapped off the cruise control switch.
Step 9:
Splice off of a 20A wire and add an inline 7.5A fuse. You will attach the white/blue wire to this as well as running a wire to the passenger seat.
Step 10:
Colour match 20A power wires and split so you have power to the passenger. You should have 3 wires, 2-20A and 1-7.5A going from the driver seat, under the carpet, to the passenger seat. You may blow a fuse if both seats power are being used simultaneously but I have yet to have this happen.
Step 11:
Tap into the Accessory plug and run this wire to the yellow 7.5A hot IN or Start to have switched power. This wire is only on the driver side.
Step 12:
Plug and bolt everything back in and enjoy a toasty butt in cold winter. Don't forget the fuses or batt terminals ;)

Driver Connector:
White/Red- High Current Heat
White/Blue- Low Current Heat
Black- Ground
Red- 20A Hot At All Times Power
Blue- 20A Hot At All Times Power
*White/Blue- 7.5A Hot At All Times Power *(thinner wire in middle of pigtale)
*Yellow- 7.5 Hot IN or Start *(run from cigarette lighter switched power)
*Blue/Black- Parking Brake Wire *(ground it)
*Green/Orange- Driver Door Sensor*(ground it)
Pink- Unknown Memory Wire (not used)
White- Unknown Memory Wire (not used)
Blue- Unknown Memory Wire (not used)
Red/Blue- Seatbelt Wire (not used)
Blue/Red- Seatbelt Wire (not used)
Black- Seatbelt Ground- Beside Blue/Red (not used)
18 Total

Passenger Connector:
Green/Red- High Current Heat
Green/Blue- Low Current Heat
Black- Ground
Red- 20A Hot At All Times Power
White/Red- 20A Hot At All Times Power
White/Blue- 7.5A Hot At All Times Power
*Blue/Black- Parking Brake Wire *(ground it)
*Green - Driver Door Sensor *(ground it)
Blue/Green- Seatbelt Wire (not used)
Blue/White- Seatbelt Wire (not used)
Black- Seatbelt Ground- Beside Blue/White (not used)
14 Total

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Huge props to VancouverAccord for his help.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice write-up. I think with a few additions this could be pretty solid.

What year CL were your seats from? The harness plug differed between 01, 02, and 03 so the list above won't apply to years outside of yours.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
All you did was supply power to the heater lines and it works ??? Wtf ..

ParisiOT

Reaction score
Nice write-up. I think with a few additions this could be pretty solid.

What year CL were your seats from? The harness plug differed between 01, 02, and 03 so the list above won't apply to years outside of yours.

Mine are from an 01 type s automatic. I think its just the 03 Manual that the wires will be different. Cant confirm though. If anyone can, chime in..

All you did was supply power to the heater lines and it works ??? Wtf ..

and put a relay under hood. and ran power for the seats. and grounded everything necessary. Read the thread carefully.
remember this is on a Canadian accord which is partially pre-wired for heated.
:canada:

Back