DIY Headlight Haze Removal

russiansohcf23

Reaction score
i used some "blue magic" headlight haze remover with the powerball and it did a decent job but its still not as clear as id like it to be. I think i'm gonna order some of the 3m polish because ive heard lots of people say it works great

I also used bluemagic and that stuff works really well, just put some elbow grease into it. My headlight housings went from yellow to crystal white :boink:

Last edited:

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
my problems with headlights include
1. driver side is hazed over
2. passenger side is crystal clear but has moister in the lens after a rain or car wash... takes forever to get out...

i can solve issue 1 from what info you guys have provided but what about issue 2?

Ralphie

Reaction score
I might have to try this on my passenger side head lamp.

I was going to buy a new lamp because i polished with PlasterX and it didn't do much really.

Im going to try 3M and the power ball and if it still doesn't work im just ordering a new lamp for that side on EYAY.

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
yes, but you get better clarity from 1.5k grit sandpaper and water with Rag :jarred:

Or you can do that and accidentally scratch one of your headlights like I did, I tried the sandpaper again about a month after and nothing worked. I literally just tried the toothpaste thing and HOLY F!!! IT WORKS!! Now I dont have to buy a new set of headlights :D

Last edited:

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
Or you can do that and accidentally scratch one of your headlights like I did, I tried the sandpaper again about a month after and nothing worked. I literally just tried the toothpaste thing and HOLY F!!! IT WORKS!! Now I dont have to buy a new set of headlights :D

the Powerblock did both methods and they do say be careful dont add to much pressure, a little goes a long way and 1.5k grit is pretty rough stuff!

5spd'r

Reaction score
If you guys get the Powerball, just use the Mothers mag wheel/ aluminum polish, the stuff in the can. It works really well on headlights and wheels, then find a good UV inhibitor to keep them looking nice; I'm thinking Zaino is probably the best for the top-coat, I'm still saving for that stuff though.

Back