DIY - Morimoto Mini H1 projectors Retrofit

phi1542

Reaction score
When ordering the projectors, you are given the option of ordering their Morimoto H1 bulbs. I would highly recommend getting it from them as it's only $25 and they are a perfect fit. With DDM Tuning, you would have to pay around $15 for 2 bulbs and $10 shipping and you would have to thread the base a bit in order to fit in the projector housing. Also, you guys should contact Matt at TRS. Sometimes he gives deals for purchasing many things such as projectors, shrouds, and bulbs together. I got my whole retro excluding the ballasts for $160 shipped.

can you use those Morimoto H1 bulbs on the DDM Tuning kit?

phi1542

Reaction score
The shroud is just a cover that covers the projector housing

yeah i know that part i was just wondering if i could skip the belt sanding/trimming on the shroud to make it fit since its a mini it might fit w/o modification. On the diy that seemed to be the only part he needed to do trimming. the projector screwed right in

phi1542

Reaction score
yeah i had the mini gatlings on mine. i ended up trimming the headlight cover. the part you paint when you blackhouse the lights. or you can go shroudless hahah.

Can someone post pics of theirs shroudless? I wanna see what that would look like lol

Last edited:

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Will the mini gatling shroud fit without trimming since its smaller than regular shrouds? And can I use these with DDM Tuning H1 HID kit?

Mini gatlings will need to be trimmed a little on the bottom of the shroud to fit

startswitha

Reaction score
Can someone post pics of theirs shroudless? I wanna see what that would look like lol and do you know where to get bright white t10 led? Mines are white but glow a light purplish color. When I do my retrofit with 5000k I want the front to match the back. The ones I have now are ebay led

adding the shrouds requires a little cutting, but it looks way better. i think someone on this forum had h1s without any shrouds but i can't find it.

phi1542

Reaction score
adding the shrouds requires a little cutting, but it looks way better. i think someone on this forum had h1s without any shrouds but i can't find it.

yeah it does look a lot better. someone commented on like page 13 or something and he had his shroudless. i think i like the look with shrouds better. also my headlights are not honda original. i bought blackhoused oem headlights off ebay. the fit is not perfect but it does the job. will i still be able to retrofit with these?

Last edited:
Back