DIY: Newer Honda Horn Swap

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The old Caddy's have some of the best sounding horns.....those would really get peoples' attention.

Speaking of horns, and yes, Mikey, I am using your thread because it's relavant, if anyone is interested in a pair of red Hella Horns, BNIB, let me know.

Thanks, Mikey.

:thumbsup:

Mikey

Reaction score
Old Merc/Caddy horns are nice and deep but they're too...IDK. They sound like a giant stepping on his nuts, lol. They're loud but they have a deep "squeal" sound. If that makes sense. I like Ford horns and I like these newer horns. They're more up-to-date and they sound like, what I think, a horn should sound like. I can actually hear my own horn when going down the highway. Before, with the meep-meeps, Id honk my horn at someone on the highway and even I couldn't hear it so I know they didn't, lol.

And Derek....:lawl:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I know the sound you are describing. Definately don't want something too overbearing for the car....the horn should suit the car, if there is such a thing.

I figure that's what friend's threads are for.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Haha no, I am talking about something more like this...'63 Merc 600.

:lawl:

Last edited:

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Just noticed in your pic "high" was on driver side and "low" on passenger.

Great tutorial i just picked some up locally will be doing this over the weekend.

Fusionreactives

Reaction score
Great write up. Hondaparts now has them for $35-$36 shipped but I just paid $51 at paragon honda. I have a 98 lx 4 door and I was able to do this without removing the bumper. Once again great write up and great find!

irtiza18

Reaction score
Great write up. Hondaparts now has them for $35-$36 shipped but I just paid $51 at paragon honda. I have a 98 lx 4 door and I was able to do this without removing the bumper. Once again great write up and great find!

Paragon Honda? hey i used to go there everytime for parts, sometimes theyre bit too expensive then online. you around queens?

Back