Double DIN tv

Jefe02

Reaction score
The cage is designed to rrequire the 'tool' to be used to get the deck out, how does it make it easier to steal?

because you don't need the key almost any thin piece of metal will work as the key. In my old car I lost the key and it took about 30 seconds to remove the hu. Also anyone who has a key can remove the hu.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
because you don't need the key almost any thin piece of metal will work as the key. In my old car I lost the key and it took about 30 seconds to remove the hu. Also anyone who has a key can remove the hu.

Yeah, you can use pretty much anything, but it still doesn't make it easier to steal with the cage.

Jefe02

Reaction score
Wouldn't being able to remove it faster and easier make it easier to steal? Or maybe I am missing something.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Wouldn't being able to remove it faster and easier make it easier to steal? Or maybe I am missing something.

So is the cage helpful in preventing theft or no...? Lol.

My point, since you missed it, was the cage does not make it easier to steal.

Just having the trim ring mounted is going to make it easier to steal than having the cage mounted as well.

How does having something that makes you take more time to remove it make it easier to take......:coffee:

Mikey, you're a bright guy, use the cage.

Mikey

Reaction score
Aww...thanks Derek. :ohyou:

Im not compromising anywhere with anything in my car. Especially this thing. It'll get cages and brackets and secret tie-downs and chain-attachments and everything, lol.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Using the cage would actually make it easier to secure the deck from the rear of the unit.

Good idea.

So, I guess using the cage DOES in fact make something easier.

:coffee:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Im pretty sure, brand new, it'll come with a cage. If not, Im sure one can be had for fairly cheap. Or, as I mentioned, my install buddies can probably get one. Having the cage WOULD make it easier to use other security measures.

You sure do drink a lot of coffee....

:coffee:

Yes, it would, despite arguments to the contrary.

I'm :canada:, it's maple syrup.

Back