drums to disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kv004

Reaction score
Okay guys, im in need of some help. What parts do I really need to do my rear drums swaped to disc. If ur asking why, its because I will go fast. Should I just go grab a whole kit from an ex? Idk help me out please. I checked the other threads but found little to nothing.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Have you tried to use the search function of the forum?

Take rear spindles off EX, as well as the hand brake lines. Install.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
searchfirst1.gif

kv004

Reaction score
Have you tried to use the search function of the forum?

Take rear spindles off EX, as well as the hand brake lines. Install.

Yea I searched up (drums to disc) (brake swap) found nothing that helped. And is that all I need? Just spindles and hand brakes lines?

redlinevtec

Reaction score

lol

Yea I searched up (drums to disc) (brake swap) found nothing that helped. And is that all I need? Just spindles and hand brakes lines?

Calipers, make sure all the bones are in good shape and the hose that connects to the caliper. Some brake lines are one piece that connect to the caliper itself. I have done this swap. Very easy if you know basic mechanics and then some. Took maybe 4 1/2 hours. Bleed the lines. And get an alignment!

kv004

Reaction score
lol

Calipers, make sure all the bones are in good shape and the hose that connects to the caliper. Some brake lines are one piece that connect to the caliper itself. I have done this swap. Very easy if you know basic mechanics and then some. Took maybe 4 1/2 hours. Bleed the lines. And get an alignment!

Alright thanks for the help man. I didn't want to buy things I didn't need and i thought that it should be a simple thing but never done it before. Ive done a 5 lug swap with my bro-inlaw so this shouldn't be that bad.

kv004

Reaction score
The ex rear disc should fit with no problems right? I mean its the same car just the difference between drums and disc.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
The ex rear disc should fit with no problems right? I mean its the same car just the difference between drums and disc.

Yeah, you can pretty much use the arms from your drums on your discs. Get the spindle and knuckles though. I don't remember the stuff you can reuse and not replace to be precise. But yeah, it'll swap right over. The set up is almost the same as the drums.

Last edited:

kv004

Reaction score
Yeah, you can pretty much use the arms from your drums on your discs. Get the spindle and knuckles though. I don't remember the stuff you can reuse and not replace to be precise. But yeah, it'll swap right over. The set up is almost the same as the drums.

Hey thanks for ur help redline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back