eBay SRI for 00 Accord V6?

riCewu

Reaction score
I remember that this shop by my place can sell me a short ram for $100 with filter and everything .. and he'll throw in a replacement filter by AEM on him. I'm gonna see if I can still get that deal. Also, its like I get it next day or something too =]

PCP6

Reaction score
i had the same one, infact i have a k&n airfilter and just the pipe sitting there still.

riCewu

Reaction score
i had the same one, infact i have a k&n airfilter and just the pipe sitting there still.

The eBay one? Does it make a low deep tone? And do you notice any performance lol.. I mean I'm not expecting any performance .. maybe some low tone, but not any speed..

f23accord2000

Reaction score
do a diy on the v6 hybrid intake it can be done no one has tried, if i had a v6 it would have already been done, as if you dont want to buy the intake get a AEM or k&n filter as for the metel piece i took a large hose clamp and twisted the metel peice and put 90 degree bend on it and have hold it with the hose clamp or a exhaust hanger and attach it to the clamp from the filter if you can see what i did

012.jpg

Last edited:

riCewu

Reaction score
do a diy on the v6 hybrid intake it can be done no one has tried, if i had a v6 it would have already been done, as if you dont want to buy the intake get a AEM or k&n filter as for the metel piece i took a large hose clamp and twisted the metel peice and put 90 degree bend on it and have hold it with the hose clamp or a exhaust hanger and attach it to the clamp from the filter if you can see what i did

012.jpg

I ended up running to a local auto parts store and they gave me an okay deal I guess, bang for your buck. They reassured me all intakes are the same its just the sticker of the brand you're purchasing really and he joking said, "I'll print you an AEM or Injen sticker if you want to go along with it." Well in the end I ended up purchasing it, it had an 3.5" piping, and I picked up a fujita cone filter with a 3.5" inlet from inv4zn.

So I'm set, honestly I could care less really.. I mean he reassured me they all do the same, and he was nice about it. He was probably doing his job as a sales, but he was like, "you can go for the aem or injen or another brand, but I personally would just go for this since they're all the same and work the same way."

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
I ended up running to a local auto parts store and they gave me an okay deal I guess, bang for your buck. They reassured me all intakes are the same its just the sticker of the brand you're purchasing really and he joking said, "I'll print you an AEM or Injen sticker if you want to go along with it." Well in the end I ended up purchasing it, it had an 3.5" piping, and I picked up a fujita cone filter with a 3.5" inlet from inv4zn.

So I'm set, honestly I could care less really.. I mean he reassured me they all do the same, and he was nice about it. He was probably doing his job as a sales, but he was like, "you can go for the aem or injen or another brand, but I personally would just go for this since they're all the same and work the same way."

well i believe the more expensive intake dissipate heat better than the generic. performance wise i'm not sure but since this is my beater car i could care less. why did you get such big pipe?

MikeyMike

Reaction score
an intake is going to do nothin for a car, unless it has engine mods. and its not going to do anything for a car unless it has a bigger throttle body... its the bottle neck theory.. no matter how big the bottle is, its still going to funnel though a smaller opening.

juicebox00

Reaction score
an intake is going to do nothin for a car, unless it has engine mods. and its not going to do anything for a car unless it has a bigger throttle body... its the bottle neck theory.. no matter how big the bottle is, its still going to funnel though a smaller opening.

+1, cept the stock intake/resonator would be like a sucking in through a straw connected to a box that is connected to another straw than then connects to a slightly bigger straw leading to the bottle's neck. lol. Or after market with a straw the same size as the bottle's neck.

btw, i wouldn't touch that pos intake. yeah, intakes add maybe 4-5hp at most but still... i mean look at it, or better yet. how they expect you to mount it. but then again, it's your money. so do what you want

Last edited:

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
A intake pipe is a pipe. Unless you get AEM V2 which has a pipe within a pipe to somehow increase the velocity of air flow.

Anywho, filters on the other hand don't cheap out on. Get the $10 pipe and buy a foar or paper cone filter from a company such as AEM, K & N, or Spectere. Thats what matters the most for you engine, bad filter = engine damage slowly piling up.

riCewu

Reaction score
Okay well I bought a setup for a hundred at a aftermarket shop, they recommended it instead of the name brands and I didn't even give him a price range.

So anyways I got the pipe comes with all mounts and tubes and the filter which I bought an extra filter that I will put on instead it's a fujita cone filter.

I guess it's beat I could do. Sales guy said himself you would just be buying the same thing going for an injen or aem or any other intake. He also offered a sticker for aem or injen to put on it if I wanted to lmao.

I mean stickers do add extra hp!

Back