Eibach Prokit vs Sportline Springs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires' started by cg4ever, Nov 9, 2018.

1. cg4ever

cg4ever Well-Known Member

Do you remember what front and rear spring rates came with your K-Sport coilovers ?

2. Sketch o5

Sketch o5 Señor Greengo

i believe they all come with the front at 12 kg/mm (672 lbs/in) and the rear at 7 kg/mm (392 lbs/in). that's how mine were anyway.

3. cg4ever

Just got an K-sport German representative and he just told me that the spring rates for the Accord 6th gen was 17.8 front and 7.0 rear.

I don't know if he did a mistake or something but 17.8kg on front seems a lot to me. Must be very very stiff.

4. Sketch o5

Sketch o5 Señor Greengo

17.8 does sound extremely stiff. mine definitely were not that hard :lawl: mine were new in 2009 though, so they might've made some changes since then.

5. cg4ever

I read that around 2008~2009 K-Sport has made some major adjustement to their products. They indeed could have raise the spring rate of the 6th gen accord for some unknown reasons but still seems a weird decision. I'll try to call them back tomorrow again and get a confirmation about those rates.

Edit : I won't need to call them...Look what i just found

https://www.maxrev.de/files/2017/04/20170408_140752.jpg

Can't imagine how those things are riding with 17.8 in front... Luckily it's possible to get other K-Sport springs with different spring rates if needed.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  6. cg4ever

Today i got a Koni representative on the phone and basically what he recommend me with the yellow is to not use lowering springs more than 40mm and especially to NOT use the bottom groove with ANY lowering spring. He told me that the bottom groove is intended to be used with stock springs only. If i want more drop than 40mm he simply told me to take the coilovers route...

7. cg4ever

@RedRyder

You said you were on Sportlines springs (2inch drop) plus the lower perche on your front Koni right ? If so it gave you a total of drop of 6,5cm ( 5cm springs + 1,5cm lower Koni perch ).

How was the riding feel ? You wasn't bottom out on the lower perch and short springs ? Because i got a notification from various persons that if installing short springs then only the upper perch should be used and never the lower one.

Can you share your though and experience please ?

8. RedRyder

RedRyder Save the manuals

^Eibach engineers their springs to yield a level of ride comfort that is not drastically different from that of stock, while implementing spring rates that provide better/tighter compression/decompression and help decrease body roll. You could call their springs OEM+. What really affects ride comfort with this spring+shock setup is the valving on the Koni Yellows, there are 2 full turns and 0 is very soft while 2 is pretty hard. So it really depends on where you set the dial, I always kept mine on 1.5 turns. But I like to feel the road, and what my car is doing.

I found this setup to be a good balance of handling and comfort. I felt like body roll and duck/squat was well controlled and that bumps/dips in the road were not jarring. And no I never bottomed out, it's simply not that aggressive of a setup. You have to remember how high these cars came from the factory haha. I liked the Koni Yellow and Eibach Sportline setup, but for anyone not going with coilovers I would recommend Koni Yellows paired with Eibach's Ground Control coilover sleeves. I feel like it does everything the Sportline setup did but better. And you can order the GC springs in a gamut of rates, I went with 10.7k front and 8k rear.

cg4ever likes this.
  9. cg4ever

@RedRyder

Thanks for the feedback, so you confirm that the front spring you had ( sportlines ) was 2inch drop and set on the lower perch, so an overall front drop of 2.6 inch ?

The picture below is when you had the sportlines on the koni lower perch ?

[​IMG]

10. RedRyder

RedRyder Save the manuals

^that pic is with the Pro Kits. I'd have to look back at my noob post when I first got suspension to confirm what perch everything was on lol.

cg4ever likes this.