Engine Bay

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, when the spring comes around, whats a good way to clean up my engine bay? when i bought the car in aug. 04, i couldve eaten off my valve cover........i havent cleaned it since, sooooo if i had a little 4x4 truck, i could go offroading in the crud on it, haha. so i basically wanna know whats a good way to clean off everything in there so its looks good, and also so that nothing will get f*cked. my friend took a hose to his 99 protege a long time ago before he got his BMW, and he said he got a CEL after he did that, i think he said it went away tho.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cover the fuse box, alternator, dizzy with plastic bags. Spray down w/ a degreaser or most use simple green, let it sit a few minutes, spray off w/ hose. To dry, do it yourself or just start the car.

silencer

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Cover the fuse box, alternator, dizzy with plastic bags. Spray down w/ a degreaser or most use simple green, let it sit a few minutes, spray off w/ hose. To dry, do it yourself or just start the car.

what's dizzy? and what about battery? :eek:

i heard a lot of good things about Simple Green when it comes to cleaning engine bay. that's what i plan to use when i got money to buy one

Back