engine damper

TuRtL3

Reaction score
i recently been searching how to install engine damper. because i was clueless on how to install those. i found some good one.

so i finally installed it on my driver side engine mount. had to modify a little and mount it a little different, because i cant mount it on the strut tower. i notice a big difference while driving and i am happy with the results.

but what i notice is that only the driver side of the engine is not moving but the pass side is, and the pass side is the transmission mount.

so my concern is will the engine be bent or damage? should i buy another damper for the transmission mount or is it a waste of money?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
i recently been searching how to install engine damper. because i was clueless on how to install those. i found some good one.

so i finally installed it on my driver side engine mount. had to modify a little and mount it a little different, because i cant mount it on the strut tower. i notice a big difference while driving and i am happy with the results.

but what i notice is that only the driver side of the engine is not moving but the pass side is, and the pass side is the transmission mount.

so my concern is will the engine be bent or damage? should i buy another damper for the transmission mount or is it a waste of money?

I don't see it causing any damange to the engine. It might put more stress on the rest of the mounts though. Just buy PU engine/trans mounts and call it a day.

TuRtL3

Reaction score
i dont know. the way it moves kinda concerns me. maybe i should post a video sometime this week if you still think it will not damage the engine.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There is a thread on V6P of someone that has dual mounts, I don't remember if user MikeyMike on here has dual mounts as well, but if you aren't going to upgrade your engine mounts, then you should either pick up another ETD or stop revving your engine so much.

FYI, there is a group buy on V6P as well.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I wouldn’t dampen on one side only unless there was a particular torquing that called for it, and it equaled the movement out.

I would just get some polu-u filled mounts as suggested above.

TuRtL3

Reaction score
you guys got good suggestion, but i think im gonna get another damper.

i got another question though. since engine damper is installed, there is more throttle respond, can that throttle respond give you more gas mileage? im not sure if im tripping, but it seems like my gas mileage went up.

Back