F20BtrboCG3's 2000 Coupe 4Cyl ex 5spd COMPLETE OVERHAUL goin on 2yrs, fml (NO 56k!)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Re: F20BtrboCG3's 2000 Coupe 4Cyl ex 5spd COMPLETE OVERHAUL goin on 2yrs, fml (NO 56k

very impressive... what tranny r u going with? if u're going boost, keep the f23 tranny

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Re: F20BtrboCG3's 2000 Coupe 4Cyl ex 5spd COMPLETE OVERHAUL goin on 2yrs, fml (NO 56k

Can't wait to see the finished product.

will be stored in a climate controlled storage unit all winter (dont worry, i'll be starting it once a week at a minimum)

Stating it once a week (or once a month, whatever) without actually driving it will do more harm than good. You'll get condensation in places you don't want it, it won't charge the battery effectively, you'll waste fuel, and you won't really be lubing anything well. Let it sit without starting it and when you do drive it you need to get it normal operating temp and drive it for at least 10 minutes after.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

@ RED RYDER -Thanks man, got it all figured out. BTW, not a fan of red cars until I saw your coupe..... soooo clean. Nice job. I absolutely hate rice, oem lip kit is tasteful, Im doin the same but with a type r front lip. Are those wheels honda hfp's?

Thanks. It was the OEM lip kit or nothing for me. I actually wanted a black coupe originally, but this one was just too good to pass up, and now I love the red. Wheels are TL A-Specs as Evan pointed out, custom painted. If you are going with the Type-R lip, I'd use the 01-02 bumper with it, they go great together (check out Red02AccordV6's car).

The black with blue suede looks awesome man, I want a black interior w/red suede so bad but I'm still on break after doing my swap, lol. I may have to bug you about it later. Awesome progress, keep it up!

F20BtrboCG3

Reaction score

very impressive... what tranny r u going with? if u're going boost, keep the f23 tranny
I still have the stock f23 tranny, but im running the t2t4 that came with the f20b.

F20BtrboCG3

Reaction score

Stating it once a week (or once a month, whatever) without actually driving it will do more harm than good. You'll get condensation in places you don't want it, it won't charge the battery effectively, you'll waste fuel, and you won't really be lubing anything well. Let it sit without starting it and when you do drive it you need to get it normal operating temp and drive it for at least 10 minutes after.
Thanks for the tip man, I'll def look into it some more. I just dont want this thing seeing any salt.... i love new york.... but hate the winters lol

F20BtrboCG3

Reaction score

Thanks. It was the OEM lip kit or nothing for me. I actually wanted a black coupe originally, but this one was just too good to pass up, and now I love the red. Wheels are TL A-Specs as Evan pointed out, custom painted. If you are going with the Type-R lip, I'd use the 01-02 bumper with it, they go great together (check out Red02AccordV6's car).

The black with blue suede looks awesome man, I want a black interior w/red suede so bad but I'm still on break after doing my swap, lol. I may have to bug you about it later. Awesome progress, keep it up!
yea oem lip kit is def the way to go. I like the 98-00 bumper better than the 01-02. If Red02AccordV6's car is the one that won ROTM a few months back, yea i remember it. It was actually the screensaver on my comp for a few months lol. If you look at the first pic in this thread, that was my car with the type r lip on it. Love the wide mouth look, especially with a front mount behind it. I never had the oem sides and rear though, but that will soon change.

those wheels are def tough, like em alot. and yeah when you get to your interior, feel free to ask away. I had to take mine apart, then take my buddys apart, put mine back in his, and wrap his interior and put it in my car..... im VERY familiar with what needs to be done. the only real PITA part was the visors and getting the insert in the rear door panel out. everything else is cake

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

Very nice. I will definitely be checking into this build for updates, good luck!

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

I like everything except the bolt in cage. I say weld it all in instead of bolting it. unless your just having it in there for the looks of it. me personally I just wouldn't trust the bolts to not break in a crash. my welds on the other hand I trust.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

subscribed though. because other then the f20b swap and a few color variations your doing exactly what I have planned for my accord someday.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score

Very nice man. Can't wait to see the finished product. I also agree with ^^ about the cage being welded rather than bolted in.

Back