F22 swap into 6th gen accord.

Boston6thGen

Reaction score
Been searching the forums and haven't come up with much on this topic. I drive a 98 accord lx sedan. A good friend of mine is giving me one hell of a deal on pretty much an entire build but all the parts are for an F22 (I know some parts are interchangeable with F series motors but I'd prefer them to go into the motor they were designed for and not frankensteined into my F23. Also my f23 only has 89k miles on it so it'd be nice to do the motor work with it outside of the car) So.....I guess my question is....will the f22 bolt right up in my 6th gen? I know the tranny will work but I don't know if sensors and stuff were moved when it went from 5th to 6th gen. Any help you guys could lend in terms of knowledge would be much appreciated and thanks in advance....

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
The f22 will bolt right up, but I'm betting there will be some differences with wiring. What kind of f22 is it? What year?
Also, I personally don't like putting previous gen motors in newer cars. Not a fan of backdating. Just my opinion

Boston6thGen

Reaction score
Only backdating because of the deal on the internals. Just the rods for my f23 are like $800+. I'm getting rods, pistons, crank and various other pieces for $500 new.

Boston6thGen

Reaction score
I also heard my F23 tranny has long gears suited for turbo since you can stay in boost longer...

Back