F23 distributor mod for adjustable timing

selttijcmanit

Reaction score
So quite a few people are aware that the distributor on the 98-02 F23A1 is non-adjustable, it has two bolt holes and both are too narrow to spin the distributor a meaningful amount. However that begs the question; if I were to mill larger slots where the holes are to make it adjustable, would it work? It's more a question of whether the computer can tell that you've made the adjustment or not..
I'm looking to pull about 6 degrees but I want to know what you guys think.

Shanks in advance

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Won't work. Computer controls timing. Whatever you change mechanically (or try to) the computer will put right back.

selttijcmanit

Reaction score
Won't work. Computer controls timing. Whatever you change mechanically (or try to) the computer will put right back.

Dang that sucks.. What about delaying the input to the computer, less mechanical/fun but then the computer wouldn't have any idea; only side effect would be retarded injector timing.

Edit: Actually I already have an Arduino controlling ignition and fooling the MAP sensor so I'll use a spare input and output to delay the signal. I'll have it dynamically calculate the delay based on RPM using this formula from Haltech's site --> t = a / (6 x RPM)

Last edited:
Back