f23 with h22 head??

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol, Yea I'm pissed b/c I'm letting someone do something to my car when I have don't have half a clue of what's going on or what's fully involved. If that was your attempt at getting under my skin, please stop now b/c you won't.

Never had anything custom made, but any shop/mechanic I've been to gives me a printed quote before I fork over my car or cash. That would include the parts and estimated amount of labor w/ a detailed break down.

Crono139

Reaction score
accordtl99 said:
i have never seen any shop that will give you an upfront price on installing a turbo kit! yeah ball park number is 1680 but they charge hourly so if they think it's more then...... i have never seen anybody posting complete price on installing a turbo.

http://www.spoolinperformance.com/services.php?osCsid=ec8a21fb890316ca6e1bd84d2fcc072e

PRICING

* $550 to install complete Honda kits
* $1300 to install complete Supra na kit 93-98
* Honda Civic local IC install and piping fabrication $300
* 88-91 honda CRX/Civic local piping $350
* Honda Accord $350
* Acura Integra $325 for 94-01

I can name many more.

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
lol, Yea I'm pissed b/c I'm letting someone do something to my car when I have don't have half a clue of what's going on or what's fully involved. If that was your attempt at getting under my skin, please stop now b/c you won't.

Never had anything custom made, but any shop/mechanic I've been to gives me a printed quote before I fork over my car or cash. That would include the parts and estimated amount of labor w/ a detailed break down.

tl99 BlkCurrantKord is one of the last people you could actually try to get nervous. Its just that these guys have been doin this before you even thought about this site. Theyve been researchin and startin threads for too long. Your swap maybe just right but its been hard tryin to understand your swap if most of the questions we ask you havent been answered. We want to understand what youre doin. Were not tryin to piss you off we just want to know whats goin on and most of the shops on this side of the country at least give a quote before they begin work. I wouldnt be surprised if your price doesnt increase.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
dont make greg mad, you wouldnt like him when hes mad.......

:Moderator-Hulk:

lol

i want to see pics, specs, and proof tht its ur car

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^ Haha, only a few of the local guys have seen me moderately mad/pissed off. I'm generally in a great mood 98% of the time.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one.

How much cheaper will it be to just switch the F23 head with an h22? Have people ever had any serious problems? How much HP gain can I expect to gain by switching to a DOHC? How much do you think we will have to pay for installation? Would you just stick the head in or would you recommend doing some work on it 1st? is the only reason for getting just the head and not the whole block just because its cheaper?...

Sorry for all the questions but I want to know if it's worth it to change the head. So far I just have I/H/E and I'm getting NGK plugs and wires set. So I don't have much additional hp. I want to have a more noticable difference in power in my car. Changing the head will give me the second overhead cam, how much hp will that give?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one.

How much cheaper will it be to just switch the F23 head with an h22? Have people ever had any serious problems? How much HP gain can I expect to gain by switching to a DOHC? How much do you think we will have to pay for installation? Would you just stick the head in or would you recommend doing some work on it 1st? is the only reason for getting just the head and not the whole block just because its cheaper?...

Sorry for all the questions but I want to know if it's worth it to change the head. So far I just have I/H/E and I'm getting NGK plugs and wires set. So I don't have much additional hp. I want to have a more noticable difference in power in my car. Changing the head will give me the second overhead cam, how much hp will that give?

its not a direct swap. i would say research im not sure how many others have successfully done this swap. ecu, wiring, possible obd-i swap, oil passage problems....the list goes on. if ur really into this build, plan to build the whole engine outside the car. spare block and see all the clearences and other problems you see.

difficulty: hard
hp: 165whp
install $$$: ask darkside, it should be abt the same
Bulid it outside the engine bay
h22 bottom end is short as well as the tranny
willing to spend the money = worth it
I;H;E;Wires;plugs = will not swap over

possible swap ideas: H23 head on a f23. Darkside did it as well as Pirate on HT. a few other and i are doin variations of this as well.

want power now? look around for a cheap nitrous ddry kit. no more than 200 bux gets you abt 75+ hp easy

Sonnick

Reaction score
Also..the compression drops when you put the H22 head on, so unless you get pistons, you aren't going to see much of an increase in power.

Back