Fast clicking noise while driving

TACORICAN

Reaction score
My accord is at 202,500 Miles and I now hear a nasty metal clicking noise while driving. I only comes from the Driver side front wheel. Sometimes it goes away. Today I changed my brakes and decided to check if the hub had any movement (as recommended by the shop) to determine if the bearing was bad but it doesnt move. While off the ground I decided to throw it in gear and let the wheels spin and heard the noise again. I compared it to a noise my toyota had but its nothing like it. The toyota had a bad bearing and it was constant buzzing noise while on the freeway. Does anyone have any idea as to what could be causing the noise?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Are your axle boots okay? Check to see if their is leakage on either inner or outer cv boots.

TACORICAN

Reaction score
CV / axles are fine, they were replaced about 20K miles ago. Same noise while turning depending on speed. It's louder at freeway speeds. To hear it, I'd have to be paying close attention or driving close to the center divider with my windows down. The clicks are fast but not loud.

acedomain

Reaction score
have you change your belt my sister civic does the same thing i know she needs to change her timing belt........i also thought it was the bearings but she changed those not that long ago

Drift

Reaction score
Do you have a rock in your tire tread?

Drift

Reaction score
tell them it's their turbo-ovulator and charge them for 2hrs of maintenance. ha

The scary part was I actually had techs tell me that a wheel bearing needed to be replaced, and then I just walk up to the car, pull a huge rock out of the tread and tell them to test drive the car again. Low and behold, the "wheel bearing" is fixed!

Back