Fellow F series..

Egi7

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Another thing is Rod/stroke ratio. The F23's isn't the best b/c it has small/narrow rod journals. There are ways around this by offset grinding the crank, swapping to a different crank, etc.

rod/stroke ratio is a factor, but the 97mm stroke isnt a weak point. The k24 has a 99mm stroke and an 86mm bore, and they rev to 7500, no problem. Why, because it was mated with a good flowing head and decent compression. True, the rods arent the best and neither are the bearings, but aftermarket rods will easily fix that problem. Swapping, grinding and offsetting just seems to be too much work, when u can just buy a set of crower rods and call it a day. There is no reason a f23 block, when built properly, couldnt pull to 7500+

theskytraveler

Reaction score
Sonnick said:
^^ Good point Mike..

Skytraveler..the 5% power increase was the difference from Stage 1 to Stage 2..which means a total of about 20-25% power increase from stock..however, I would recommend 150% the bolt ons first. You will not see the full potential of the cam without the bolt ons..However, if you do the internals/cam first, when you do get the bolt ons, they will make much more of a power increase than if you just did it on a stock motor..

Nice thanx for the info!!

I've decided to get the bolt ons first then I will get the internals done.

Thanx again for the info Sonnick!!

peace,

Back