ff1's feel bouncy? help!

MichaelPower

Reaction score
Just had my function and form type ones installed and they seem to have considerable more "bounce" or rebound in the bumps then a friends civic with the same coil over setup.

The person who installed them adjusted the bottom collar and raised the bottom piece up in order to lower the car and didn't even touch the the rings that are right under the spring next to each other for ride height and preload. sorry if that doesn't make sense but I'm a noob when it comes to coils and I'm just trying to figure this out.

So what could be causing this bounciness? could the preload have been messed with or is the spring not compressed enough? or maybe the two rings up against the spring came loose so now the spring is slightly free floating. Any help is appreciated as its frustrating to deal with after paying what i payed for on install.

Any suggestions on what i can do to troubleshoot this problem would be great, thank you all!

Narftastic

Reaction score
Are you sure it's bouncy. A lot of people who aren't used to the stuff ride think the coils are bouncy.

Have your friend or someone that knows about coils ride in the car and see what they say.

Varnell

Reaction score
Bouncy and stiff can easily be confused. I can nearly hit my head on the ceiling if I hit a bump too hard. That's not because my coils are bouncy.

MichaelPower

Reaction score
Are you sure it's bouncy. A lot of people who aren't used to the stuff ride think the coils are bouncy.

Have your friend or someone that knows about coils ride in the car and see what they say.

Bouncy and stiff can easily be confused. I can nearly hit my head on the ceiling if I hit a bump too hard. That's not because my coils are bouncy.

ok, ill have to get someone who's experienced to take a ride then before i do anything cause my friend knows little more than me since its his first car with coils also. thanks for the responses, I'm not really crazy worried anymore that something is wrong.

AmSlammed

Reaction score
My f&f type 1s are smooth stiff but smooth. My upper control arms smack pretty hard on nice bumps when im not paying attention but far from bouncy.

Back