First Subwoofer Setup

KombatVirus

Reaction score
The issue is that the subwoofers do not sit flush with the box. They protrude by just under 2cm. Plus the cone extends during use. I am not sure if the grills would be able to fit over it without the cone hitting against it.

I am going on a trip soon and will need to use the trunk for quite a bit of stuff, and I am worried that they could potentially get punctured.

KombatVirus

Reaction score
^ I talked to my audio dealer and he said that he could not find anything to protect Alpine subs because they protrude like that .. ?

Did some measurements, outer ring is about 10.5" or 7.5cm (measuring outer ring), Inner diameter is about 9.75' or 25cm, and the excursion totals about 3cm.

I was thinking about trying something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-10-Inc...S_Speaker_Sub_Grills_Accs&hash=item43ac563b95

Last edited:

schmiddr2

Reaction score
The eBay ones you linked requires the holes to be lined up perfectly with the subs mounting holes. I think a lot of subs use the same mounting hole pattern, but there is no way to be sure. That's why I linked the generic ones from Parts Express. If they rub against the subwoofer surround then you will need to make a trim ring/spacer to put between the grill and the sub mounting ring.

Back