Fix or Sell?

Nanotex

Reaction score
I believe only a few items are from the dealer, but they are the most expensive ones. They check local suppliers first then if they don't have it then they check the dealer.

I will check out that website thank you!

Also I am from Ottawa not the GTA, so I don't think I will drive four hours on the time bomb I'm driving lol.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find a new mechanic. The repairs are way overpriced. I don't think it cost that much even at the stealership. And what is "headlight repair"?? What is wrong with it?

Nanotex

Reaction score
Awesome! I like that response, I wanted to know if it was too much or if I'm being charged too much. Sucks because I used to like those guys.

I have found some of the parts online for a lot cheaper, I am just worried about doing the work myself because I won't know what I am doing.

Hopefully youtube has some answers for that though lol.

Headlight repairs are

-Headlight Assemblies
-Pigtail Wiring
-Replacement headlight bulbs

Before you judge, this could be done by me, but insurance company needs a quote and it to be done by mechanic to cover it.

timing belt, Water pump and oil pump will apparently take 8hrs to replace, do you think that is right? (costs $600 in labour)

I managed to get the parts cost down (by looking online), from $1200 to $430, but I am still paying $200 for the Oil pump because the only place I can get it is at the dealership.

Anyone know where I can find an oil pump?

Last edited:

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Go to MajesticHonda.com, found it on there brand new for $155 + Shipping..... without a doubt though go OEM on the oil pump though.

It could be out there cheaper somewhere, cause I only checked one site...

f23accord2000

Reaction score
timing belt and ps and alternater should be all included in timing belt change its all part of the process.the guy is ripping you off. timing belt with water pump and all belts and tension springs and seals and valve cover gasket should be all change price varys from 400 to 600 depending on v6 and 4cyl. dealer price is 600 max on 4cyl done properly,v6 is about 700max way to much.as for washer fluid jey on hood it cost me 16 dollars from dealer and i installed in 2 min.i am ASE cert also

4cy front motor mount 25.00 from dealer 1hr (this is rounding up) really takes 30min total
6cyl front motor mount 120.00 from dealer
v6 front right motor mount 84.00 from dealer
4cyl is right is 90.00
there is no possible way all mounts are bad they rarely ever go

6cyl timing belt kit with tension springs and valve cover gasket and oil seals an water pump 270 dealer (labor 500 to 685)total price
4cyl timing belt kit with tension springs and valve cover gasket and oil seals an water pump 240 dealer (labor 386 to 600)total price

4cyl oil pressure switch from dealer 35.00 ..aftermarket 18 dollars (labor 1 hr ) really takes 20 min

i suggest you find a new mechanic he is seriously rapinf you on prices so bad hes taking you for a ride.his mark up on price is so bad the mechanic shouldnt be in business.hes charging more then dealer.get quotes from differnt places an make sure these are bad there is no way all of you engine mounts are bad my car has 200k and only one engine mount has ware so i replaced it.i think hes oesnt know what hes doing and taking you for a ride i suggest you go somewhere else.i am from mass taxachussetes
top three highest taxes in the USA

hereis a website that will help you andit is dead on too http://repairpal.com/estimator/results

Last edited:
Back