FML!!! car is grasping for life.

brettg4215

Reaction score
so my car has been going down hill for a couple of months now.
so ive just been driving my gf's car.

so i decided to drive it today and it was horrible.

so far i have P1298 P0135 P0141 P1753.
and now my car is dead and wont start.

and my dad is in the process of paying everything off and he will not co sign for ANYTHING!

so i have to wait until ive been working for six months to take out a loan
i guess its time to join the great american way of being in debt.

im pissed.

/vent.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So... basically you just slacked on maintenance, are pissed now b/c it's more than one thing, and don't wanna fix it.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
So... basically you just slacked on maintenance, are pissed now b/c it's more than one thing, and don't wanna fix it.

Thats what I was going to say....:lawl:

OP, keep up on your maintenance. Hell, you don't have to do much to keep these cars even running half a$$ed.

brettg4215

Reaction score
no its not that at all.
ive just been trying to buy a new car for a while now and i was going to try and sale my car and i just dont want to put a lot of money back into it just to try and get rid of it.
and i always maintain it but its mainly my transmission and theres not much i can do about that. but i did get it serviced not too long ago with that dura lube stuff.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
no its not that at all.
ive just been trying to buy a new car for a while now and i was going to try and sale my car and i just dont want to put a lot of money back into it just to try and get rid of it.
and i always maintain it but its mainly my transmission and theres not much i can do about that. but i did get it serviced not too long ago with that dura lube stuff.

Something doesnt add up, if you did your maintenance, then why are you having these problems? Did Jiffy Lube work on your car or something?

juicebox00

Reaction score
p0141 is an easy fix. just need to take off your IM and clean out the EGR port. worked fine for me and the code disappeared

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
what exactly does

"Electrical Load Detector Circuit High Input"

mean?

It keeps your cars electrical load in check, Try resetting your ECU and then turn your car on ( if it will start) and headlights to see if the code re-appears. A lot of civics had this problem, though most of it was only intermittent.

Im not sure about the accord, make sure all your wires are well connected in your "under hood fuse panel". Also check all your battery grounds, engine grounds and transmission grounds for corroded or disconnected wires

Last edited:

brettg4215

Reaction score
thanks man.
i have my own scanner so ill be able to see if it comes back but do you think it will mess anything up by resetting it since i have 3 other codes?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
pull the other codes first, then reset it. if you have a top-line scanner, you can clear the CEL then go back in the history of previous CELs.

those are the breaks of selling a used car. you either put a lot of money into it hoping to get some return...or sell it as a beater and get less for it. welcome to used car ownership.

Back