Fog lights

guytv

Reaction score
I got a 2001 honda accord. It came with oem fog lights when i bought it. 3 days ago it was working fine. But yesterday i did not realized that it stop working. The light on the button comes on when you press it but the fog lights do not come on. I bought a new fog light kit on ebay because the flim inside the housing was stripped (but it always work). It came with 12v35w bulbs. The oem requires 12v55w. I tried switching the bulbs to see if any will work but no luck. The old bulbs still look good. Anybody has any ideas. I check the fuses. All seems good.

Is it possible that the old bulbs are dead, and also the new bulbs that came with the kit are duds?

btw the bulbs are those blue tinted ones.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
There's a pretty simple way of checking the bulbs & the sockets.,First you need a multimeter so you could check if you are getting any power to the bulbs, if you do get power to the socket where the bulb plugs in. In order to check the bulbs you need to set your multimeter on continuity & check out each bulb individually.
If the bulbs are ok & your not getting power to the socket start looking around for a disconnected wire or plug, then work your way to the switch, fuses, & power source for the fog lights.

Good luck figuring it out

guytv

Reaction score
i checked the fuses and changed the relay and the fuse for the fog light, but still nothing.

What can i do if i do not have a multimeter?

is it possible that if one light bulb dies, then the whole thing would not work.

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
I got a 2001 honda accord. It came with oem fog lights when i bought it. 3 days ago it was working fine. But yesterday i did not realized that it stop working. The light on the button comes on when you press it but the fog lights do not come on. I bought a new fog light kit on ebay because the flim inside the housing was stripped (but it always work). It came with 12v35w bulbs. The oem requires 12v55w. I tried switching the bulbs to see if any will work but no luck. The old bulbs still look good. Anybody has any ideas. I check the fuses. All seems good.

Is it possible that the old bulbs are dead, and also the new bulbs that came with the kit are duds?

btw the bulbs are those blue tinted ones.

what did you do with your old fog lights ?

guytv

Reaction score
I just replace the housing part because the films was peeling away. All the oem wiring is still there. I still have the old ones.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
i checked the fuses and changed the relay and the fuse for the fog light, but still nothing.

What can i do if i do not have a multimeter?

is it possible that if one light bulb dies, then the whole thing would not work.

No if one bulb goes out the other 1 will still work unless they are wired in series, witch would make no sense.

How did you check your relays with out a multimeter?

Every ones going to be asking about your oem fogs because they want them :lawl: even if they don't work.....
You could easily sell them on here & they will move like hot cakes. :thumbsup:

guytv

Reaction score
u I didn't check the relay. I just changed it because there was a new relay with the new kit.

I remember when I first bought the car one fog light was broken even the bulb. the other one was okay and intact. but the light would not light up. when I changed the bulb they work perfectly okay.

I bet ppl would want the broken oem. haha. they look way better than the replicas tho:)

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Grab a couple pieces of wire n check out the lights bulbs off of your battery. If they work then it's some thing in your wiring.

& yeah they want broken fog light too

Back