Front Bumper Question.

Jae

Reaction score
Im new to the forums. Ive had my 99 Accord EX for a year and a half now. Im pretty happy with it. Im just now deciding to actually start getting onto the car scene after just watching for so long.
In a nut shell. the front left size of my bumper got mauled by a freaking ford explorer. :furious:
My headlight & small part of the hood took a scraping too.
This elderly lady hit me while i was at a stop sign on my street. People over 65 shouldnt drive IMO.
Im just wondering what i should do. i think i need a completely new bumper because theres a hole about an inch on the front. [seen clearly in 1st pic]
If i got it fixed and painted could i still put on a lip?
Or should i just get a fiber glass front for it. and get started early.
1324x243shklny7.jpg

2324x243shklky9.jpg

Suggestions please. :thinking:

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
I would take a heat gun to it and slowly warm it up on low heat and try to pop it out.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I would look in to picking up an aftermarket bumper, either Coupe or sedan, if you go the Coupe route, you will need a hood as well. Might not be worth the trouble of trying to get the bumper fixed, especially since it has a hole.

Jae

Reaction score
I would look in to picking up an aftermarket bumper, either Coupe or sedan, if you go the Coupe route, you will need a hood as well. Might not be worth the trouble of trying to get the bumper fixed, especially since it has a hole.

Well, its a Sedan.
So i guess i should start to look for one.
Iunno where to start though, only preference is that id really want a polyurethane one.

Got any links to where id look for one, other than the bay.

nexTOme

Reaction score
haha when i saw your thread and the name of the person who created, i instantly thot.....

"wait...i never created this thread...:thinking:" and then i realized my SN is nexTOme and we have same name....hahaha

but yeah....as far as that bumper....hmmm it seems like you're gonn have to be familiar with some bondo/paint/color matching/polishing job if you're actually going to pop that out and repair it on your own....

other wise, i'd pick up another bumper....can be found on like what jc said, craigslist, or even ebay....i know blkcurrantkord was selling coupe bumper, but im not sure if you are interested in coupe conversion.....

whichever route you choose to go with....GL with everything bro!

lwlba

Reaction score
haha when i saw your thread and the name of the person who created, i instantly thot.....

"wait...i never created this thread...:thinking:" and then i realized my SN is nexTOme and we have same name....hahaha

but yeah....as far as that bumper....hmmm it seems like you're gonn have to be familiar with some bondo/paint/color matching/polishing job if you're actually going to pop that out and repair it on your own....

other wise, i'd pick up another bumper....can be found on like what jc said, craigslist, or even ebay....i know blkcurrantkord was selling coupe bumper, but im not sure if you are interested in coupe conversion.....

whichever route you choose to go with....GL with everything bro!

lol :darryl:

lwlba

Reaction score
wait... so it's not your fault. thought of going through insurance? or are you afraid of them raising ur insurance later on. if that's the case i can understand. but i'd go w/ a new bumper. that bumper looks pretty dented haha

Back