Front bumper reconstruction (also lemme know what u think)

pattywak

Reaction score
Pretty ambitious plan you got going on.

Hope it turns out well. That second picture is hella clean too.

98akkordLX

Reaction score
I love how the photoshop of the lower lip for the bumper will look, but I absolutely hate what you've done with the upper grille opening. It's way too pointy, and large... and the lack of a real grille is going to make it look really half-assed even when it's done.

Also another thing i'd like to add in my defense is that the bumper is not actually bolted on, if u see the passenger side bumper mount where the hood and bumper meet, is that there iz a gap. THATS Y IT SAYS "ROUGH FIT" RIGHT ABOVE THE PICTURE!! HERES A BIGGER PICTURE IF U WANNA SEE...
DSC00027.jpg

6genaccord

Reaction score
22222222222222222.jpg

But I didn't realize you used the original lines of the car. While it might be great if it worked you might have to sacrifice the convenience of the oem bumper lines and do more of your own fabrication. Of course not something you planned on but like any project, its important to be flexible along the way.

Hey if it comes out sick I'll give you instructions on how to make a full mold to make fiberglass/polyurethane replica's! haha

Perhaps rather then just "filling in" the top grill, if you'd prefer not to... why not mold in an eBay upper grill insert? That might also give it a cleaner look because over-all the whole project seems very clean. The lip is simple, but aggressive, and there aren't any arbitrary vents or cuts made.

(Granted finding a 4 door upper grill insert is hard, since you're doing so much custom work, if the coupe grill isn't off width wise it might work. The top of the upper grill would be cut to accomodate the hood and the bottom part would then be open to being made into a more wedge shape to fit the contour of your idea.)

Oh another thing I realized, as stupid as this sounds, the picture of it temporarily fitted to your car might not be the most flattering angle. Maybe take a few more shots from standing height. I feel maybe the photoshopped picture looks better because of the stance of the car and the angle of the picture.

in addition it also doesn't seem like where you made your cuts you made a lip, like along the whole inside of the "cut out" grill there doesn't seem to be a lip around. This also gives it a hollow "obviously been cut" look. Are you planning on molding some sort of inner lip on?

Last edited:

98akkordLX

Reaction score
hint hint hint!!! Looks like a JDM TSX Honda Grill might fit!
The TSX grill has a smaller angle of the V and my V is mroe wider angle, plus if i make that one fit, thats gunna be a REEEAALLLLLLLYYY BIIIIIIGG grill, EVEN bigger than what i have cut out!!! that thought kinda scares me! LOL Chek out the red lines below and chek out the same lines in my bumperz pic
DSC03626-1.jpg

What kidna grill duz the silver 7gen in ur sig got sakura? that seemz like it would fit!! i cant find anything like that on ebay, what car duz that belong to??

Last edited:

98akkordLX

Reaction score
If we(ofcourse im gunna need you guy'z help) can find a ready made grill then great, if not, then EFF it, im not gunna give up, ima fabricate that ish from scratch onto the bumper but we will be pleased one way or the other of the outcome of this sweet project, I promise u guyz that!

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Props to you for taking up such a project. Better to go with a nice custom look rather than following in everyone's footsteps.

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
What kidna grill duz the silver 7gen in ur sig got sakura? that seemz like it would fit!! i cant find anything like that on ebay, what car duz that belong to??

that's a real deal 7thgen inspire grill. on a real jdm front end conversion. hard to find and expensive as well. maybe other jdm honda grills would fit.

Phut

Reaction score
possibly a tl/inspire grill could fit in there.

Back