Front engine undercarriage splash shield

C_S_L

Reaction score
My plastic undercarriage engine splash shield is getting shred up really bad. I was just thinking about cutting the middle portion off, think it will affect anything? I usually zip tie it to the lower bumper but it looks like it wont hold for too long. :bash: I found the replacement part #74111-S84-000 on majestic for $42.81 minus the shipping.

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Re: Front engine undercarriage splash gaurd

I've ripped all that splash gaurd stuff and wheel wells and had it like that for years without any problems.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

click "edit" then "go advanced" and you can change the title...

i've been missing the timing belt half since i bought the car...the accessory belts are kinda loud when its wet outside but no other issues.

if it brings you piece of mind...get it.

CHID0

Reaction score

I've ripped all that splash gaurd stuff and wheel wells and had it like that for years without any problems.

I don't have any of mine in, I'm just real weary about driving through puddles fast now.

dcmystery21

Reaction score
yeah. if you are picky about having everything perfect on your car, then get it. but not having the shield will not cause any problems. if you were going to bottom out on something, that plastic isnt going to help you.

C_S_L

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.

Its just one of those things that you hate about your car you know what I mean? If I can mend it or attempt to repair it bit better I will be fine, I dont have OCD.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I dont have them,(2+ years now)but will be getting them very soon.
I have problems driving in rain..my flywheel is open to everything on the bottom and the alt,crank n power steering belts are open to all water and debris..just a piece in mind..and there not too expensive.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
undercarriage splash shield??? whats that?? :hide:

haha i'm jk, don't worry about it man, i took mine off when i cracked it hitting a nasty hole, the only thing you start noticing is that when you go under your bottom is more dirty (no homo) other than driving slower around puddles of water you're fine, but then again some people like to replace everything so up to you

arise257

Reaction score
I replaced mine last year cuz it was torn down the middle, dragging on the ground as I drove. Real easy task and worth it if you're paranoid about rocks, dirt and water.

Back