FRP front lip

truWarier02

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone here is running a FRP-material front lip? I want to know the durability of them compared to ABS, OEM PPE, and fiberglass (essentially the same?) I just found out that JV6's OEM style lip is made of ABS plastic and he is pretty low and it's survived for years.

Would the FRP material be able to withstand daily scrapes? I've heard various experiences from "it'll crack just staring at it" to "I beat the s#it out of it daily and it's holding up." So I don't know. My OEM handled scrapes like a champ for 3 years and supposedly they're not that durable either.

Last edited:

danmccormick87

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone here is running a FRP-material front lip? I want to know the durability of them compared to ABS, OEM PPE, and fiberglass (essentially the same?) I just found out that JV6's OEM style lip is made of ABS plastic and he is pretty low and it's survived for years.

Would the FRP material be able to withstand daily scrapes? I've heard various experiences from "it'll crack just staring at it" to "I beat the s#it out of it daily and it's holding up." So I don't know. My OEM handled scrapes like a champ for 3 years and supposedly they're not that durable either.

To my surprise, and not sure why others don't do it, but why don't you make a template of the lip out of some metal of your choice, powdercoat it black, and bolt it up under your lip to help prevent damage?

truWarier02

Reaction score
So I was browsing on Craigslist and came across supposedly an "OEM" front lip for the 7GA sedan. In the picture, it is wrapped up so I shot him an email.

http://ventura.craigslist.org/pts/4510745410.html

" Im selling my hfp front lip. Fits 05 accord Sedan. Hard to find. Most Honda dealerships Dont have these instock and Cannot get this at there warehouse.Took me 3 months to track this one down. Sacrificing at 200.00.You will definitely get compliments. Comes w/hardware. 4 screws and 3m tape. "

huf4nd.jpg

2w7o54z.jpg

25tckmu.jpg

ne6u07.jpg

A little harsh, no?

2po6zyp.jpg

AFAIK, Honda lip kits/spoilers come pre-painted with tape already pre-mounted. And since when did Honda start packaging their hardware in a zip-lock bag :lawl:

Last edited:

cmgreensr

Reaction score
So I was browsing on Craigslist and came across supposedly an "OEM" front lip for the 7GA sedan. In the picture, it is wrapped up so I shot him an email.

" Im selling my hfp front lip. Fits 05 accord Sedan. Hard to find. Most Honda dealerships Dont have these instock and Cannot get this at there warehouse.Took me 3 months to track this one down. Sacrificing at 200.00.You will definitely get compliments. Comes w/hardware. 4 screws and 3m tape. "

huf4nd.jpg

2w7o54z.jpg

25tckmu.jpg

ne6u07.jpg

A little harsh, no?

2po6zyp.jpg

AFAIK, Honda lip kits/spoilers come pre-painted with tape already pre-mounted. And since when did Honda start packaging their hardware in a zip-lock bag :lawl:

I try not to deal with cl if I can help it. I find the majority of people on there a little out of their freakin minds!

Dan, that seems like a decent idea but with some of the ride heights on here, I bet some sparks would fly!

604ACCORD

Reaction score

huf4nd.jpg

2w7o54z.jpg

25tckmu.jpg

ne6u07.jpg

A little harsh, no?

2po6zyp.jpg

You should have got one of your friends to go buy it then install it on your 6G
and send him a pic of the install and say "Thanks for the lip" lol

Back