G35 Rims on 1999 Coupe

Quinchu

Reaction score
Just to start this off right. I have done my research but I still couldn't come up with the answer.

A complete set of G35 rims were just handed to me from a friend. I wanted to know if the offset would be too large to put on my car. I'm scared of them rubbing, and they're also 18x8, so I'm afraid that the depth of the rim itself would be a bad thing.

Just wondering if people thought it would hurt the car to have those rims on it?

Specs on G35 Rims:
- Front & Rear: 18"x8" +30mm offset

Phut

Reaction score
from the link provided, they look like they'll sit flush when lowered more and some camber added. imo, properly fitted wheels.

Quinchu

Reaction score
One of my friends has a G35, and just got a set of some really nice 20x8.5 Volks. For one hes loaded to the gills with money, and his mommy and daddy bought everything he owns. He called me up to help put the new rims on, and then asked me if I'd take the other ones to the junk yard. I said **** no, and I kept them bitches.

And in that link the rims are 19x8.5. The rims I have are from an 04, they're 18x8 and the offset it a little bit better. Since they're only 18x8 ya think they won't stick out as much? And my car is low.. My fronts are almost rubbing on stock tires so I don't know how much luck I'll have fitting some 18's on there without getting new springs.. -_-;

I'll throw a side on and get an update for ya.

EDIT:
The rims I got are these: http://www.theautochannel.com/autoparts/wheelbestinfiniti/itemzob26326f79.html

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I've got 17x9+38 on my car, which would be about like an 8+23. I have to run 215/45/17 to clear my fenders but the g35 wheels will sit in a bit more so you will probably be able to go with a 225 or so. I am pretty sure they will clear the spindle/knuckle as well, that is what I would be worried about the most though.

Test fit + pics time.

Back