Gauge lights and trunk lever!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
search "illumination" in this subforum.

there is only one correct way to connect the orange wires behind the head unit.

metrick1235

Reaction score
^ correct... if you do it wrong you will blow fuses and multiplexors constantly... Some stereos have two orange wires.. my dvd one did and it popped the fuses the first few times till i figured it out.... sounds like you have it all spliced.. i would buy the correct wiring harness and do it again with wirebutts and shrink tape...

Last edited:

vict0rydew

Reaction score
Check your fuses, and replace any burned ones
Did you leave the battery hooked-up when you did stereo/sub? You shouldn't have if you did.
If replacing fuses doesnt solve the problem chances are you might need to replace the whole multiplexor unit.

Engine Bay
engine.gif

engine1.gif

Passanger
passanger.gif

passanger1.gif

Drivers
drivers.gif

drivers1.gif

Thanks this will help a lot!! And yeah me and my buddy made sure to unhook the battery while hooking everything up :thumbsup:

vict0rydew

Reaction score
When my dad had the radio installed the same thing happened. No lights on the cluster, A/C controls, not even on the shift panel (auto) I searched it up and had to bridge two cables on the cluster together and voila! Just no dimmer control.

Yeah this is exactly what has happened! I think i will definitely have to fix it the right way though with a new mulitplexer system

Back