Getting exterior parts from 6 cylinder on my 4 cylinder

6ga burner

Reaction score
I found a Hood/fender/bumper cover replacement, but its off a 2002 6cylinder(I have a 2002 4 cylinder). Are these parts interchangeable onto a 4 cylinder? I know the hood on 6cyl has shocks instead of a prop rod.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i4 to v6 doesn't matter, but coupe and sedan does. the hood on a sedan doesn't curve down in the front as far as the coupes do. it's a very small difference, but as long as the hood and front bumper are from the same chassis (sedan or coupe), then they'll line up and should swap over fine.

i believe the fenders between coupe and sedan may be slightly different as well, and you may need chassis specific ones. like, if you've got a sedan, you'd need sedan fenders.

6ga burner

Reaction score
Thanks for the info? any difference between japanese made vehicles vs american? I know Japanese made vehicles have a VIN starting with J and American starts with 1 or 2.

6ga burner

Reaction score
Update: there seems to be differences between 98-00 and 01-02, how does this apply to front end coupe swap? So if i was to look for a bumper cover/hood off coupe, would they have to be same year? can I mix i4 and v6 coupe hood/bumper cover? My overall objective is to get footlights, is there a good but have found kits made for sedan.(see link: https://www.amazon.com/Winjet-WJ30-0103-09-Accord-Wiring-Included/dp/B01A150X4G). On a side note, any recomended lip kits (assuming i keep my sedan front and buy a fog light kit made for sedan)?

Back