Got new wheels in today :)

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
that's actually the next thing i was planning on doing.

and I keep hearing from everyone telling me to SLAM it. however if I ever did touch the suspension it would only be an inch to an inch and half. This is my daily car so I still want to be able to go over speed bumps and such.

Its all about how much you angle it dude lol. Theres a bunch of NJ peeps on here who are pretty low and we have no probs

Jh8909

Reaction score
yeah, it's just I don't even wanna be low. however I would like to lose some of that wheel gap. that's all I really care about.

Fuzz

Reaction score
Nice wheels... The white is going to look sick.

I'm not trying to knock your purchase because they do look nice - but you DO know right - they aren't real Team Dynamics, just throwing that out there.

I can explain it to you if you want, I'm a TD dealer.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You can lower the car 2-2.5" and still approach a speed bump from straight on with zero problems. My car is my daily as well so I know how you feel, and as of tomorrow it will be lowered 2" (at 1.5" right now).

Next time you're driving down a residential road with a speed bump, pull over to one side and stop just as the front wheels come in contact with it. Then get out and measure the distance from the pavement to the bottom of your bumper cover. I think you'll be surprised at how much room is there at stock height.

Jh8909

Reaction score
You can lower the car 2-2.5" and still approach a speed bump from straight on with zero problems. My car is my daily as well so I know how you feel, and as of tomorrow it will be lowered 2" (at 1.5" right now).

Next time you're driving down a residential road with a speed bump, pull over to one side and stop just as the front wheels come in contact with it. Then get out and measure the distance from the pavement to the bottom of your bumper cover. I think you'll be surprised at how much room is there at stock height.

Really? 2 and a half inches? Wow. Well I mean I really didn't want to spend that much money on the suspension so I was thinking of just going with those cheap $60 coilovers on stock struts. How low can the stock struts go? And if not what's the cheapest way to take out some wheel gap?

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
I was thinking of just going with those cheap $60 coilovers on stock struts.

images

OP, never cheap out on suspension. So many bad things can happen when (not "if") a cheap ebay suspension busts. The cheapest way to do suspension (and to be sure that sh!t won't break) is find a decent used set up and put that on.

I don't condone lowering on the stock struts because it will be a very short time before you will have to replace them. The 3 options we use for suspension are 1)shock and spring combo, 2) shocks and coilover sleeves, 3) full coilovers.

Check out our Suspension review thread, lots of good information in there.

Last edited:

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
that's actually the next thing i was planning on doing.

and I keep hearing from everyone telling me to SLAM it. however if I ever did touch the suspension it would only be an inch to an inch and half. This is my daily car so I still want to be able to go over speed bumps and such.

all i hear is blah blah blah....:ughrun:

SLAMMED IT!!!!!!!!!!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Really? 2 and a half inches? Wow. Well I mean I really didn't want to spend that much money on the suspension so I was thinking of just going with those cheap $60 coilovers on stock struts. How low can the stock struts go? And if not what's the cheapest way to take out some wheel gap?

You need to read up on suspension my friend. As stated above, this is one area on your car where you need to spend the money for quality parts. Never lower your car on stock struts.

Used setups go up for sale on here a lot, but first spend some time reading on the site. You have a lot to learn. :)

Jh8909

Reaction score
ok, thanks all. I'll do some more research. since I'm not in a rush I'll probably just wait till a used set-up is forsale on the forum.

Back