Greekpizzas G23 turbo build (UPDATED:2/2/2013)

greekpizza

Reaction score
Re: Greekpizzas G23 turbo build (UPDATED: 8/22/2013)

bump for an update, will be picking up the block and head tomorrow and should have the engine built Saturday so look for an update.

lenz973

Reaction score

Definitely will be following, can't wait to get your feedback.

greekpizza

Reaction score

Definitely will be following, can't wait to get your feedback.

would you mind helping me out, how did you do the head gasket? H22 gasket or f23? and what distributor are you using? Did you wire up your crank position sensor or use the cam position sensor in the distributor?

akoutmos

Reaction score
Re: Greekpizzas G23 turbo build (UPDATED: 8/24/2013)

I was using an H22 gasket and going to use the H22 distributor. Both of which I have if you are interested (i have a new H22 gasket.....the used one is still on the motor that i never finished :/). I'll take a look at the wiring diagrams to see if i can help you with your wiring issues....didn't get that far in my swap before moving and scrapping the project :/

greekpizza

Reaction score
Re: Greekpizzas G23 turbo build (UPDATED: 8/24/2013)

I was using an H22 gasket and going to use the H22 distributor. Both of which I have if you are interested (i have a new H22 gasket.....the used one is still on the motor that i never finished :/). I'll take a look at the wiring diagrams to see if i can help you with your wiring issues....didn't get that far in my swap before moving and scrapping the project :/

yeah alot more work than most expect, i actually have an h22 head gasket and h22 distributor but the fitment of the oil passages were a bit concerning on the block. Ill take some pictures, it just seems like there's not much material contacting the block on the outer rim and im worried it may leak down the side of the block. And yeah if you could help me with this one wiring dilemma i would be eternally grateful, If im not mistaken everything should be plug and play except the distributor.

greekpizza

Reaction score
Re: Greekpizzas G23 turbo build (UPDATED:11/8/2013)

bump for an update on Orginal Post

akoutmos

Reaction score
Re: Greekpizzas G23 turbo build (UPDATED:11/8/2013)

What exactly do you need from a junk head? I got some H22 parts laying around.

Back