Greekpizzas G23 turbo build (UPDATED:2/2/2013)

greekpizza

Reaction score
Re: Greekpizza F23 turbo Rebuild

challenge accepted new goal is 350whp

how much money did everyone on that list spend??

its not worth it....

get that srt some coilovers asap!!

I feel its worth it already being on the list, also no the srt will remain stock. although it would look great on coilovers.

If people are willing and able, makes it worth it, IMO.

Besides, cheaper to do that work to the Accord, then to get an SRT. Not to mention the Accord looks better. Pretty sure the Accord will run problem free longer than the S(ki)RT will too.

i agree

greekpizza

Reaction score

Does anyone know if i can cut the flange off a turbo header for a h22 or f22 and have it welded onto a f23 flange?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Just look for a tubular F22B turbo manifold, same flange and bolt pattern as our F23's. 0-00-0

IMG_8437.jpg

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Greekpizza F23 turbo Rebuild (UPDATED: 3/26)

Subscribed. Progress! I've been thinking about the Bisimoto stage 2 turbo cam for a while now, so you caught my attention for sure! I'll be following this one closely.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

What a thing it is to have the space/tools to do a swap/build in your garage.

Awesome progress, hope there are no surprises in taking the engine apart.

greekpizza

Reaction score

So after talking with my tuner Matt Shue.
The build has changed a good amount.
Shue steered me away from running a block gaurd, he says it messes with the shape of the cylinders. Not meaning to take away from anyone else's builds on here who have used blockgaurds i know you guys have put down some great numbers with them. I just wont be using one. Ive also decided to try and go low compression forged pistons instead of high compression. If anyone can point me in the right direction of low compression pistons and some forged rods i would appreciate it. :peace:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

So after talking with my tuner Matt Shue.
The build has changed a good amount.
Shue steered me away from running a block gaurd, he says it messes with the shape of the cylinders. Not meaning to take away from anyone else's builds on here who have used blockgaurds i know you guys have put down some great numbers with them. I just wont be using one. Ive also decided to try and go low compression forged pistons instead of high compression. If anyone can point me in the right direction of low compression pistons and some forged rods i would appreciate it. :peace:

Just want to clarify what your tuner is really going after with regards to the block guard:

It all depends on how it is installed really. If that is installed during the same process as sleeving, and simultaneously sleeving the block at the same time, and machined to match the cylinders exactly all in one shop at one time, it will not mess with the shape of the cylinders, it will further support them and won't affect anything.

BUT

If you are solely installing a block guard with stock sleeves, THIS is when the block guard will mess with the cylinders and cylinder walls and could potentially cause the problem that your tuner is worried about.

Lower compression pistons will help you with the turbo substantially more than high compression. Typically higher compression are used for N/A or pre turbo. If you are already are turbo or plan on it immediately after then lower compression pistons are way better. Wiseco, JE, CP and many of the major piston companies will make off the shelf pistons for the F23. I have had both JE and CP off shelf pistons.

As far as rods, Eagle H or I beam forged rods are great, Crower also makes great rods as well (I looked into both when building my motor) spendy but great and are made for our motors as well I believe off the shelf. It's been a while since I have looked at anything like this ha-ha.

AFAccord also has a plethora of info on his thread too.

Back