Greekpizzas G23 turbo build (UPDATED:2/2/2013)

greekpizza

Reaction score
Re: Greekpizzas G23 turbo build (UPDATED:12/2/2013)

Update: Precision 6262 is in the mail, innovative mounts are in. waiting on a small piece from my buddy Akoutmous then the engine will be going in the car and ill post some pics. Also sent my EPROM chip off to Matt Shue for a basemap to start the car with.

Thats it for now.

greekpizza

Reaction score
Re: Greekpizzas G23 turbo build (UPDATED:12/2/2013)

Updated orginal post with pics of the 6265, tri core radiator is coming in next week.

stevo9494

Reaction score
Hey, so i have search several G23 build threads and i am still confused on tuning part of the build. I was recommended to run a chipped P28 on another forum with a conversion to obdi which makes tuning easier, but i do not want to deal with emissions. I have searched several forums and most pages goes over the physical parts and labor of putting the motor together. I still don't fully understand how exactly i would go about tuning an f23a1 block with a h22a4 head while keeping it obdii. Any help would be appreciated, if i missed a page using the search function, please direct me to it.

Thanks in advance!

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Hey, so i have search several G23 build threads and i am still confused on tuning part of the build. I was recommended to run a chipped P28 on another forum with a conversion to obdi which makes tuning easier, but i do not want to deal with emissions. I have searched several forums and most pages goes over the physical parts and labor of putting the motor together. I still don't fully understand how exactly i would go about tuning an f23a1 block with a h22a4 head while keeping it obdii. Any help would be appreciated, if i missed a page using the search function, please direct me to it.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure about OBDII, but I know that I'm doing this build myself, just in the piecing together stuff stage, but with OBDI, it allows you to eliminate O2 sensors, which makes tuning easier, and will also allow you to delete your EGR, which is pointless and detrimental to your engines health. OBDI= no emissions OBDII= emissions, difficult tuning There are members on here with the conversion who know more about it, and will chime in, but the chipped P28 is the easiest and most conventual way to tune the car. You will get a jumper harness to go from OBDII to OBDI, and you will use the P28 ECU.

greekpizza

Reaction score
I'm not sure about OBDII, but I know that I'm doing this build myself, just in the piecing together stuff stage, but with OBDI, it allows you to eliminate O2 sensors, which makes tuning easier, and will also allow you to delete your EGR, which is pointless and detrimental to your engines health. OBDI= no emissions OBDII= emissions, difficult tuning There are members on here with the conversion who know more about it, and will chime in, but the chipped P28 is the easiest and most conventual way to tune the car. You will get a jumper harness to go from OBDII to OBDI, and you will use the P28 ECU.
He basically covered it. Im running an HA motorsports chipped p28 with neptune tuning software. My tuner uses a NEPTUNE RTP to tune then burns a chip which goes in the car at the end. I dont have emissions where i live so thats not a concern of mine. haha U can also run an AEM obdii computer maybe theres something in there you can do with emissions. and i think there are piggy back systems for obdii cars. I havent really looked into that though maybe someone else can help there.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Piggyback systems include some systems by Greddy or Apexi, not recommended for serious builds. Best to purchase a standalone ECU such as Hondata S300, AEM EMS, or Apexi Commander. If you have a good enough tuner, he can tune properly to pass emissions with a standalone ECU, I have not yet heard of this being done with piggyback systems.

stevo9494

Reaction score
I am not building the motor yet, i am just doing research now so its all smooth sailing if i do decide to start. So i got my car inspected and talked to the guy inspecting my car, and i don't have to worry about emissions. The bad news is, he said my car, being a model 2002 in the lovely state of Texas, has to have obdii to past the state inspection. So ill read more into keeping obdii with a standalone ecu, maybe do a proxy, or switch the standalone to only control the fuel and ignition when inspection time comes.

Anyways, thanks guys for the response!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If you're doing that then there's much more than just swapping out ECU's.. That's not going to work unfortunately for a variety of factors. PM me if you want to discuss further.

phi1542

Reaction score
Was this ever finished? Haha I'm looking into a G23 and boost. I have 3 options when I get another 6thgen. Either boost the f23, build a G23 and boost it, or get an h22 and do NA. People say h22 isn't good for boost. So I don't really want the h22. I've been doing some research and don't see too much on boosted G23's. Seems like a rare build. Are those things reliable? This is going to be my DD. I'm looking to hit 300+hp. I don't want to blow money to build it then have it break down on me not too long later. Thanks!

Varnell

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is finished, but this thread was never updated. I may be confusing this with HollywoodHam's ride, though.

Back