h22 swap no start...

jaxaccord

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm back from the dead...lol..anyways, I have finally gotten my h22/auto to manual swap completed...however - the car cranks but won't start.
my set up is using a jdm h22 w/5spd tranny (sourced from hmotors), I am using a p28 (reprogrammed by phearable), obd2-obd1 harness, and used turbowa's and badgers (i believe)set ups for wiring and auto to manual swaps, have a new starter, dizzy cap and rotor (from 99 civic si cause it fits) along with new plug and wires (the dizzy itself looks good) the alternator is good. I have connected all the wiring up, and vacuum hoses and here is where I am at. I went to crank the other day, and when I move the key to on..I have no issues, all dash lights work, radio, a/c, headlights/tailights, horn, hazards, turn signals, I don't have reverse lights (haven't wired them up yet..lol), and then when I move the key to the second position it starts clicking, and continues clicking when I move to start..(possible main relay.?.as the sound is under the dash to the left of the steering wheel..)..and then, the fuel pump will prime and the car will crank...but no start....so my conclusions are power is good (but I will double check my wiring and grounds, and i will check fuel and spark which I am going to do this morning....but if anyone has encountered this please help me out with some advice...I am so close to complete...thanks

valdivia187

Reaction score
If i would have swapped i would tell u but all i know is thats gonna be hard! GL and Gratz on swap! pics?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
The best advice I can give u is, take apart your dash. And find the relay thats clicking by trying to start the engine and feelin on which relay is clicking so much. Once you find out which relay it is, find out what its used for. It may be the reason why ur car isnt igniting. Relays need to click together and hold for currant to run through them.

Your lucky, I wish I had an H22 to mess with in my engine bay :drool:

jaxaccord

Reaction score
welp...i'm on the hunt for the relay:confused: hopefully I can diagnose it and get it running...i'll keep you posted on the progress...

finch13

Reaction score
Is your battery charged? That's the #1 reason for relays to go nuts and click a ton. Relay doesn't get enough power to keep the circuit closed.

Still doesn't start after that... check for spark AND fuel and diagnose from there.

jaxaccord

Reaction score
Is your battery charged? That's the #1 reason for relays to go nuts and click a ton. Relay doesn't get enough power to keep the circuit closed.

Still doesn't start after that... check for spark AND fuel and diagnose from there.

well, over the weekend I charged the battery and no more issues with the relays...thank finch

my wife had a baby shower this weekend I had family here, so I wasn't able to do much more, but i'm gonna start checking for spark and fuel...thanks for the help team!

Tphong

Reaction score
So the car cranks, but won't start. Are you not getting a spark?

Back