H22a Swap

euro r wannabe

Reaction score
was i suppose to get a obd2b? i got the obd2a its for a 96-01 or so if i remember correctly...ebay **** but it looks clean. ive got everything ready...i have two sets of injectors, 370s and whatever is in it now cant remember will have to take them out to see "which i was doing before i put it in" would that be okay or no?

what does removing of the balancer belt do exactly ive heard of it done just never researched it.

so the only connectors i would need are IAT, IACV, MAP, TPS, VSS, fuel injectors, ECT, VTEC? i can get them for 5 a piece or get the whole harness from a local junkyard

btw, thanks for the info on hoses and brackets/mounts that helped a lot lol! i am about to start assembly tonight possibly.

a friend of mine has a document file that has the full h22 enging, wiring, specs and all manual in it, he cant send it though, anyone on here have that? or a online manual for a f23 wiring.

if anyone wants a real carbon fiber h22 spark plug cover holla i made 4 of them out of a few pieces i had.

01accorddx

Reaction score
yea bro you need 2b, 310s are better for a stock motor, 370s might be a overkill but its all good, the balancer belt pretty much stops your motor from vibrating, prob the power you gain is from like havin the a/c on n off, but wit the belt its always on.

For the connectors you will also need the dist connectors, and also for the ECT there is also another sensor for the fan switch, get the complete harness from the junk yard it prob easier, to do the wiring when you have two complete wiring harness, when i did my swap i bought another harness for my 01 accord n also had h22a harness, it took about a good week to the wiring for me, but i also did a lot of unnessary ****.

haha no prob bout the brackets n **** haha, my bad for replyin so late i jus got bac from cabo san lucas was out there for my bachlor party.

i will take a spark plug cover haha i need 1

euro r wannabe

Reaction score
well i am about to go pick up another h22a lol..my bad on saying the other one was a h22a1 ...i think im just going to stick this one in, taking my engine out tonight, starting on the hdizzle tomorrow...i still have some work left on the head for my engine, so im thinking of waiting and putting it in my hatch or just building the piss out of it and putting it in the accord in a month or two. everything is almost ready, what plug connectors will i need? i have 3/4 of a h22 harness now but let me know which ones, does advance auto, oreillys or autozone sell the plugs?

Bucket_cg6

Reaction score
hey wats up! im new here and i was researching on the h swap. i have a 2000 accord and ive been seeking some power gains. first i was planing turbo( i have one that needs a rebuild i got off of craigslist) then i wanted an ITB intake manifold, now im thinking h22. i would like to do it myself but have no experience in swaping. i wanted to know exactly what kind of work i need to do as far as wireing. hope to hear from you guys! Thanx:nutkick:

juicebox00

Reaction score
hey wats up! im new here and i was researching on the h swap. i have a 2000 accord and ive been seeking some power gains. first i was planing turbo( i have one that needs a rebuild i got off of craigslist) then i wanted an ITB intake manifold, now im thinking h22. i would like to do it myself but have no experience in swaping. i wanted to know exactly what kind of work i need to do as far as wireing. hope to hear from you guys! Thanx:nutkick:

honestly imo if you have no experience you should not do it yourself then. NASOHC has a shop you could probably have it done at if you are serious about this. Just do some research about it first and decide exactly what you want to do. The "search" feature is your friend and i hope you enjoy your stay on 6GA, it's a great site.

Bucket_cg6

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. i dont have any experience in swaping honda motors, but i found a guy in my neighbor hood who can do the swap for me, and hes gonna let me work on it aswell. the problem with me is that i hate havin problems with the police, so im making sure that whatever im doing it will be legit. so im going to keep it obd2 and getting all the parts from a 2000 or newer prelude base line. i was planing to take out the motor myself to save a little bit of cash, and maybe just throw in the other motor, but i dont know if thier is any tricks to it... so far he agreed to do it for 3k. but im thinking if i could get the specific motor myself i may be able to cut some expences. does anyone know a place i can get a good deal on a usdm h22?

Bucket_cg6

Reaction score
id love to go JDM but i really want to do a legal swap. after i get a B.A.R code from the referee, thats wen im gonna go into heavy mods, first i want to go with type R head or ITB intake manifold. but watever i do, i want to be able to undo so i can avoid having to redo the swap if i get pulled over.

Back