H22a Swap

theaccordian

Reaction score
4dr4bangrAccord said:
what did you do for the cop to do that to you?

nothing just drove around with an exhaust. The exhaust gave the cop probable cause to pop the hood and check for illegal mods.

JDM OBD1 H22A swap in obd2 car in Cali = Illegal?= you betcha

01accorddx

Reaction score
i used the accord mount for the driver side, but i had to do some grinding on it, and also there was 1 bolt missing. i would prefer to use the h22a bracket with a custom mount, but custom **** is always expensive

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
01accorddx said:
i used the accord mount for the driver side, but i had to do some grinding on it, and also there was 1 bolt missing. i would prefer to use the h22a bracket with a custom mount, but custom **** is always expensive
were did you grind it

euro r wannabe

Reaction score
i am in the process of doing a h22a1 swap to my 98 accord 2dr, i am keeping the f23 tranny though...any advice on parts i will have to get ...i have the engine, p13 ecu, adapter harness, prelude d/s bracket if i need it, what all did you guys encounter having to get to finish it up, which accord plugs will/wont work, what do i have to do to the d/s mount/bracket to make it fit, what hoses, and which other wires will i have to run to get it going correctly, i have pages upon pages printed on cd accord h22 swaps but i didnt know what else i would encounter thanks guys

01accorddx

Reaction score
THe first thing i would do is get rid of the p13 ecu, use a p28 and get your car dyno tuned. For the wiring if u use a p28 you dont have to wire your butterflies for the IM, knock sensor, o2 sensor, evap purge valve. that will make your wiring harness look a lot cleaner. When you get your car tuned the tuner will disable all those sensors so you wont have any CEL.

You will be using your f23 engine harness, and cutting and swapping some connectors for the h22a harness. The hardest is wiring the dist. everything else is easy. With all that other stuff elimnated, you only have to wire IAT, IACV, MAP, TPS, VSS, fuel injectors, ECT, VTEC. i think thas about it. Just label everything up and start customizing your harness.

For parts get RC 310 high impedence fuel injectors, so you dont have to wire in a resisor box, plus it will plug right in to the f23 wiring harness so you dont have to swap connectors. Dont waste your money on fuel rail or fuel press regulator. Change all your seals and gaskets, water pump timin belt, remove the balancer belt. For your cooling hoses use all f23, upper and lower radiator hoses from the f23, also swap the upper hose mount from the f23 and put it on the h22. For the heater core you use the f23 hoses.

To mount the motor in use all the f23 mounts and brackets, fill them with poly urethane. for the d/s bracket you have to modify, i used a grinder to make the bracket fit onto the h22a head. For axles and half shaft use f23. for p/s you have to make a custom line, i jus removed mine. for ac use f23 bracket and pump. remove your butterflies in your IM or get the blacktrax intake manifold stackers.

Back