H23 build thread

night-ryder

Reaction score
Ok, I have officially started my H23 build and will update this thread as I go with pictures , etc....

The point of the build is to 1) replace my F23 which is on its way out, 2) switch over to MT, and 3) chnage the internals of th H23, with higher compression 10.6:1 pistons/rods (JDM H23) and 4) possibly boost it.

Findit.jpg

You can see the POS torque converter in this one...

findit2.jpg

I have removed the cams, etc.. for cleaning...

nyknick1015

Reaction score
u should PNP the head while u have it out... there is a DIY somewhere on teh net

night-ryder

Reaction score
I have seen the DIY PNP, and i don't trust my self that much. I know a local guy who owns an import shop who is taking care of it.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I have seen the DIY PNP, and i don't trust my self that much. I know a local guy who owns an import shop who is taking care of it.

Anything to do with engine precision, not necessarily tuning, but like actual machine work - don't settle for less than professional, and by all means do not attempt it yourself please.

night-ryder

Reaction score
Update time,
After pulling apart much of the front of the engine and removing the accessories, water pump and such. I realize I'm going to need a lot of new stuff as some of the current hardware is FUBAR. Oh well, such is the point of a build!

More Pics to come soon

Back