H23 swap price?!

payndew

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a quick question for those who have done swaps. I am swappin out my f23 for an H23 out of an Accord Euro R . The complete swap with an f-series tranny and axels with lsd is running me about 2300. This has less than 30k miles but my concern is the labor. My mech is saying that it will be about 1000 for labor on the whole complete install + fluids so im lookin at somewhere around 3650 with tax included. Do you guys think this is a fair price? Im seriously considering getting it done. Could you guys tell me if i should go ahead and get this done? Thanks guys <3

xx24xx

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet it will cost more. The labor that is. What goes wrong... you pay for.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Where's the fun in paying someone to do your swap for you? Besides I am like 90%sure the euro r didn't have a h23.

turboaccord98

Reaction score
I agree with F23A1T. Do it yourself, save some cash and get your hands dirty. Quick search says the h23 vtec comes out of the Accord wagon SIR.

payndew

Reaction score
sighh, I want to so badly, but its going to be my first swap and school starts in 2 weeks. I need a daily driver so i dont mind paying for the swap as long as it gets done quick, properly, and reliabley, and yeah the SIR wagon is the one, sorry i forgot about that.:run: What should i doo! is the price okay?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
cheap, reliable, fast

pick 2

in your situation, if you can afford that much money being spent, then go for it

Chaos325

Reaction score
I say do it yourself, experience is the best teacher. It gives you a better love for the car and pride....plus you guys up north jersey get raped on shop prices. I do swaps down here in south jersey and for a honda 4cyl engine swap I charge $500 plus fluids/parts.

the h23 swap is pricey...id go for a h22 or f20b and use the extra cash for lab fees or books.

00accord91

Reaction score
get some friends and get dirty man. ive seen swaps done in like 2 to 3 days.

Back