H23a Vtec swap

Craize

Reaction score
Ok today was the day- It's in! just haven't got anything else hooked up lol!

Well, I've found out that the jdm a/c compressor has fittings that are turned around and that the jdm mount won't fit to the original Accord a/c compressor so I had to use the original Accords a/c compressor and bracket.

You also have to use the alternator bracket that came with the jdm engine cause the Accord one will not bolt flush interferes with exhaust and timing cover.

The factory Accord fuel supply hose to the fuel rail has to be turned at a angle to get it bolted on.

[

Last edited:

Jarrett

Reaction score
I have a few CBs with F/H-series engines and a CG2 with a J30A1. So my only reference to the engine bay of a 6th generation Accord is how well the V6 sits inside of it. Seeing yours it looks like the cowl halfway covers the intake manifold. This isn't the case on the older Accord like mine.

And speaking of intake manifolds, yours is indicative of you having the 2000-2001 H23A VTEC and not the 1998 like you suggested. The 2000-2001 H23A VTEC uses the PDE cylinder head. That's the same cylinder head found in the Accord Euro R, the Accord Type R and the Prelude Type S and S-Spec. It has revised valve angles and nicer port work. It's truly the best H22A head that you can get. This engine would do nicely with a pair of camshafts from any of the above-mentioned engines as well.

Craize

Reaction score
Well got it briefly started today without exhaust or power steering hooked up but I'll mess with it more tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fqx2itV4eo

As for the year of the engine your right I rechecked the intake and didn't have the fuel injection sticker on top and was plain so yeah it's a 2000-2001 model year "good call"

Craize

Reaction score
AEM intake came in an it fits perfect and got the new header in and hanging but not bolted up yet- Coming together nicely

cgfive227

Reaction score
Whats up Craize nice to see others getting there feet wet : )....im out of the carolinas and also have a white 4 door 99 accord but 5 speed and just drove my h23a vtec for the first time today to put good gas in 93 100%. My only delima is my idle is out of wack and throwing alot of codes and i bogg at vtec 5500 :(...be careful of what wires you cut to lengthen and make sure you splice theim back well or solder which is best because thats what ive gotta go back and do.....ive got a few small kinks to work out but ill keep an eye on your posts to see how its going....and even driving easy to 5500 it moves!!! : )

Craize

Reaction score
all of the wires have been removed from jdm harness whole and repined into the accord harness and what wires needed to be patched into were soldered and heat shrinked. mine idles spot on perfect but haven't driven it yet so don't know if Vtec works yet but im sure it will cause this is what I do for a living!

cgfive227

Reaction score
Well im going to go ahead and solder my harness and do it right....i didnt think about it when i was doing it. I was so happy about getting it done!!!....But its cool i would only have to pull harness and do it up, and by the way my car is OBD2 i have the super rare P13-A16 ECU. I took 6 months to get but i still didnt ha e my engine and i didnt mind the wait.

Craize

Reaction score
yeah im using a pcf-901 jdm obd2 ecm which is almost exact drop in for a 2001 obd2 usa ecm with no immobilizer but my car is an automatic so its a perfect fit. Ran it a little more today just idling and a few revs still no check engine light which makes me so happy!

Back