Half-Size Radiator & Slim-Fan Question

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
What would a low-temp thermostat and fan switch do? Would it make more use of the fan and somehow alter the engine cooling to utilize this fan? If you know, would you mind explaining how that would work?

bagoon316

Reaction score
low temp thermostat just opens at a lower temp, so coolant would run through the engine at a lower temp.

fan switch kicks the fan on at lower temps also, pulling air through the rad.

ive heard of people running a 60/40 or 70/30 mix also of coolant to water. so i dunno, to each there own i guess. i think you would be perfectly fine just running an alum dual core.

Mr. HuMpY

Reaction score
You can run that kind of radiator but you have get a bigger puller fan and also mount a pusher fan in front of the radiator. So you would have it cooled enough. Ebay sells a pusher fan for like 40 bucks or something like that.

akoutmos

Reaction score
It's not the size of the radiator....it's how u use it :p

But seriously as long as it is a good brand radiator you will be fine. I'm guessing it's also thicker than our stock accord rads so the extra depth and hence extra fins allows for more surface area and heat dissipation. One thing that you might wanna look into is a shroud for the rad and a nice fan. With the shroud you'll be able to maximize air flow throughout the whole surface of the rad. Something like this: http://www.t1racedevelopment.com/index.php/en/products/details/211/89/cooling/t1-radiator-combo.html

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
T1, nice that's where the Accord may eventually be getting tuned if I don't find anyone locally.

Good call on the shroud idea.. I'm all about DIY so I can envision myself taking some sheet-metal and doing the exact thing myself! Then, mounting the slim-fan properly to it.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Im actually running hotter now with my alum mishimoto during the day time heat..im running at 210 on my autometer gauge,use to be constant 180..now i Only see 180 in the morning and night time.
I was thinking about putting my OEM back just using the slim fan shroud..but i dunno..looks pretty bling bling..haha

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
The aluminum gets super hot itself.you cant even touch it after driving or sitting outside all day.

Back