Headers for F23A1?

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
everyone i know with a megan header hears the same whizzing sound. i'm not sure what it is since different people have told me different things.

clevengercm

Reaction score
The frickin resonating sound from my hollowed out cat is too loud for me to hear a whissing sound :D

clevengercm

Reaction score
its hard to notice a difference from the stock manifold to the headers, com on, its like a 3-5hp increase...It makes the engine look faster though, and thats worth at lease 10Hp on the butt dyno :D

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Just came from a performance shop today. The Whizzling sound came from the connection of the flex pipe to the cat. converter. There was no gasket there. Actually, it was half a gasket. Looks like the shop who installed the header & downpipe messed up the gasket. So I'll have a new gasket installed Thursday. Funny though cause a Prelude SH was there with the same sound. But his messed up gasket was between the header and downpipe. Once the gasket is installed I can reset the CEL light and this time it should stay off.
I'll miss that sound though. Actually sounds like a turbo spooling up

Last edited:

PiZauL

Reaction score
Thats a relief to hear. Looks like im gonna go ahead and bid on a megan header on ebay. woot

Back