Headlight feature

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
For those of you with HIDs, maybe you could switch the fog & headlight wires. Then the headlight switch would turn on your fog lights/parking lights, and the fog light switch would turn on your HIDs. Then you could use this feature. Of course then hitting the high beams would shut off the HIDs, but I bet there is a workaround for that.

I never use it because of the damn bell. I need to disconnect it. of course the only Honda I've owned with a headlight reminder is also the only one that shuts them off automatically. :mad:

Or you can have your fogs wired to the parking lights and keep the low beams as is. Then when you leave the car turn off the low beams and keep the parking lights on.

+1. when I exit my car I always turn the low beams off and leave the parking lights on. they eventually go off, and come back on when I unlock the door. love it

+1 I do the same thing.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Well, Does this only work with the remote?

I just tried it on my 2000 SE with locking the door by the key, hence i don't have the remote ATM. and didnt turn off even after a minute.

Manual says nothing about SE models only EX and EX-V6

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It's more about the ballasts than bulbs, but yeah not good for either.
Or you can have your fogs wired to the parking lights and keep the low beams as is. Then when you leave the car turn off the low beams and keep the parking lights on.

That's how mine are.

Even then I still don't do this, just because I do not see the point in firing up all those bulbs several times a day in broad daylight. In th evenings I'll use it sometimes.

mahfuzur

Reaction score
i found out the hard way that my 02 vp didnt have it the first day i got the car. parked on roof of a garage that was dark on the lower floors and forgot to turn off the lights since I was in a rush. thought it would be standard on an 02 car since my 95 corolla had that feature. when honda called it value they really meant value.
any way to convert the car to make it automatically turn off?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I have had my car for about a decade now and never knew I had this. Read this thread, tried it, work. My first car, and some other family members cars didn't even have an audible warning so I learned early to always turn my lights off before turning my car off as I have been stranded more than I would like to admit.

Griffeycom

Reaction score
This is definitely my favorite feature of my car. I drive with my headlights on regardless of time so it's nice to not have to worry about turning them off.

Back