HELP ASAP: Spring installation on LoveLee's coupe: Attempt #1 = failure

nyknick1015

Reaction score
DO NOT REMOVE THE ENDLINK... i made that mistake and it loosened it and it kept spinning and my rear sway bar was pretty much useless... my rear wouldnt stick to the ground on left turns... (i had did the left first till i figured out how to do it)there is a link that connects to the drum from teh chasiss... remove that bolt and push it up but dont remove it...Push it up and angle the strut out of the way...

crossbar.jpg

sry to butcher ur pic but that top cross bar that i circled bolts to the drum remove that one and push out ur way and u can easily get the strut out with out removing that endlink. Its just one extra bolt that is easy to get back in

Last edited:

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
um coilovers wont work if u cant get the stock springs/shocks out.

:coffee:

steve just got pwned by Leeann

also...just a tip...if you undo the sway bar from the bottom of the car(not undo the endlinks)...it allows you to push the suspension hub down further....giving you more room to pull the spring/shock out...

Raymond

Reaction score
dont forget to turn your steering wheel all the way when doing the front

Any reason why? Is it necessary?

Thanks for all the info guys!

So I shouldn't unbolt that endlink, just the lower 14mm bolt and the other bolt to that crossbar?

We're going to try again tommorow morning LOL.

pattywak

Reaction score
Also, when I did my install you can see my friend an I took turns hanging on the wheel to make the whole assembly go lower. Try to have someone stand on the brake hub that's what Danny told me to do to help maneuver the suspension out. I remember we had to get creative with it in order to get it out of there and put it back in, but it's not impossible. Just keep at it.

Good luck!

Edit: Also, I don't think that kind of spring compressor will work...my friend got one but then we realized there wasn't any way to get it inside the coils when the strut was in there also. Just something to think about.

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
Any reason why? Is it necessary?

Thanks for all the info guys!

So I shouldn't unbolt that endlink, just the lower 14mm bolt and the other bolt to that crossbar?

We're going to try again tommorow morning LOL.

more room to get the suspension out :leeann:

Back