Help finding switchbacks

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Oh definitely easier. I did buy those resistors, but I didn't use them. The flasher is just plug and play so yeah I definitely agree! Don't even have to open the hood!

Nice. I am most impressed that the flasher is universal and works for any LED you slap on the car. Maybe it's simple but I'm not a wiring guru. I was putting off doing turn signals but now I'm going to go out and buy one of these flashers and then pick up some LED turn signals. Thanks again!

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Well, guess I like doing things the hard way with the load resistors. :rolleyes:

But they were really easy to do. Don't even have to solder anything if you use the taps correctly. Blinking rate seems right about dead-on with the resistors. Never seen the flasher unit replacement. Oh well. :redface2:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Well, guess I like doing things the hard way with the load resistors. :rolleyes:

But they were really easy to do. Don't even have to solder anything if you use the taps correctly. Blinking rate seems right about dead-on with the resistors. Never seen the flasher unit replacement. Oh well. :redface2:

haha. Well I've done other mods the hard way so I thought I'd take the easy way out on this one, especially since I've not messed with LED lighting yet.

Sounds like your blinkers using resistors are more in line with OEM speed than what flashers typically produce (they're said to be a bit faster). Hope I don't give people seizures!

btw abc20abc, if you see this, sorry for jacking your thread.

Last edited:

Accord281

Reaction score
The only thing that scared me about the resistors is that they heat up like a bulb so you have to mount them so they won't melt anything. Since it is still winter here and it required a fair amount of time to do (i don't mean a lot, but enough to make me freeze!), I decided to try the flasher.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The only thing that scared me about the resistors is that they heat up like a bulb so you have to mount them so they won't melt anything. Since it is still winter here and it required a fair amount of time to do (i don't mean a lot, but enough to make me freeze!), I decided to try the flasher.

Hey went to Advance today and looked for LED flashers. I pulled mine out and took it inside. At first I only saw standard replacement flashers. Then I saw a package with EP-34 on it, and didn't see the letters "LED" anywhere until I looked at the actual unit itself inside the packaging. I'm assuming this is the right one...it's made by Tridon I think. The packaging is yellow and black.

I'm going to order some turn signal bulbs and then give this a try. Definitely excited.

Accord281

Reaction score
Hey went to Advance today and looked for LED flashers. I pulled mine out and took it inside. At first I only saw standard replacement flashers. Then I saw a package with EP-34 on it, and didn't see the letters "LED" anywhere until I looked at the actual unit itself inside the packaging. I'm assuming this is the right one...it's made by Tridon I think. The packaging is yellow and black.

I'm going to order some turn signal bulbs and then give this a try. Definitely excited.

Yep that's the one. Just says LED on the actual unit.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Accord281

Reaction score
Yeah here's what I found:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...-Inc)_5081327-P_121_R|GRPLAMPAMS_612757051___

Only thing is if you look at the + / - diagram below the picture of the unit that it has, and then look at the Honda part...there is no + / - on it. Is the LED flasher able to be put two ways? Does it matter which way it is oriented? Thanks.

well if you notice, there are 3 blades on the unit and therefore only 1 way to plug it in. Don't worry man. It will work. Now do you know where it is located on the car?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
well if you notice, there are 3 blades on the unit and therefore only 1 way to plug it in. Don't worry man. It will work. Now do you know where it is located on the car?

Yeah I pulled it out a couple times today to compare it to the ones in-store. Just listened for the clicking and felt different parts then found it. Just noticed that photo doesn't show LED on it, but the one I saw did. How long have you had yours?

Back