Help me become an eighteener...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Well y'all were right. The spokes barely clear the front calipers but they do, thank God. Anyway I really appreciate everyone's help, esp JMiller and Finch's wise words. These wheels are perfect.

After lowering and doing some brake work, the wheels go on. I'm getting an alignment with the wheels i have now since it's free just to make sure everything is straight, and the new wheels are already balanced, sooo....:driving:

New pictures soon to update my boring member's ride page, haha.

finch13

Reaction score
Glad everything worked out for you! Can't wait to see the pics too... close ups of the spokes almost hitting the calipers? Pweez!?

nixed007

Reaction score
http://www.wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp

I have shared this site before but it really helps people figure out how offsets and wheel width effects things.

You setup stock wheel size on the right and your desired wheel size on the left. if you scroll down you will find a section that says clearance. It will tell you how close you are to the fender, suspension and wheel well when compared to the stock setup:

ie. My stock setup is 205/65/15 tire with a 15x7 55offset wheel i put in my setup that will be on tomorrow 225/40/18 with a 18x8 45 offset wheel and it tells me i have

Clearance: Package 1 Assuming that this is OEM wheel/tire and there is not any problems with clearance on both sides Package 2
Suspension The same.
Fenders Package will stick out 20 mm (0.8'') farther. Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset.
Wheelwells 100% clear (leaves even more room than OEM)

p.s. so are how are the wheels coming... its been about a week! :hide:

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Yeah I've used that one a couple times, one of the best by far.

Saturday man...as in two days. Then...massive update! Thanks for the interest. :peace:

EDIT: well ran into a problem installing the suspension today. the horizontal bolt (don't know what that's called) at the foot of the strut on the right rear would not come out, tried everything. It's rusted or bonded in there and absolutely will not budge. Soo...guess I'm gonna have to take it to a shop or dealer to get it done professionally. Sucks.

I had the back left done and put one of the new rims on...and set the car down....it looked sooo sexy. But had to restore it to stock. Anyway...more to come.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
...close ups of the spokes almost hitting the calipers? Pweez!?

Well I never got back to you on this, and since I finally got the wheels on...here you go! There is literally maybe 1/8" between the caliper and inside of the spokes. Excuse the dirty rims.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My Ride page will be updated with photos of the new wheels on the car (now lowered) this weekend. Thanks to all for your help, you really did contribute to making my car what it is now, and I absolutely LOVE it.

Back