Help swapping trunk.

BoyWonder

Reaction score
I been looking for help here an other forums. I need to swap my trunk for another (6gen coupe). Taking the trunk off is easy enough but my question is the wiring. Should the wiring harness come with my trunk or do I need to use the wire from my existing trunk for the new trunk?

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
you mean the trunk lid, right? :lawl:

if you have the option, get the wiring from the new lid and keep yours too. im sure they are all the same, but why not keep it safe

001Stunna

Reaction score
I would think you simply use your cars wiring on the new trunk...just take note of how the current one is routed and do the same with it on the new/other trunk. ps. not sure if sedan/coupe wiring setup is the same but if you want you can login and check what alldatadiy has in terms of diagrams etc

BoyWonder

Reaction score
Hahaha ya, I meant 'trunk lid'. Im looking at mine and it looks like the wiring harnes is all connected. It looks like I have to use my existing wiring. I want to make sure before I take the new trunk. If I dont need the wiring, I'll just make the cut.

Why are 6th gens not simple :ughrun:

BoyWonder

Reaction score
Thanks Levin, I forgot. Question answered. I can make the cut as I need to use my existing harness.

BoyWonder

Reaction score
lolz ooo i see...thought u were going for the airplane wing look :p :p
ps. imma make an assumtion on the air here and say ull be there on thursday:afro:

hahaha where? The meet? I haven't been in a while but I should be a go this week.

jdm egizzle 6

Reaction score
just take out the wiring from your trunk and re-route it to the new one. Why would you want to cut and make it all hacked? It's not hard done it lots of times already

Back