HELP! - Wing West Body Kit Fitment

neostatuskuo

Reaction score
Hey guys. A week ago a purchased a full Wing West W-Type body kit for my 2001 Accord Sedan. I did my research and I am aware that I need customize fit my front lip (thanks to Moleman’s article) and the side and rear body kit would fit with no problem. I went to a shop to get it painted and installed for the new look. Unfortunately when I went to pick up my car today, the front customize and rear was good, but I was in shock that my mechanic installed my Wing West side body kit over my oem side body kit. The side body kit was like sticking out a little with minor modification on the Wing West sides near the rear door. What was he thinking? I almost had a heart attack! :eek:

Basically, my mechanic told me the reason they installed my side body kit that way was because he could not find a way to install my side skirts without drilling through the metal body of my car. So he rather bolted it on my oem side lip so my car would avoid rusting on the metal body near the side skirts from drilling. Somehow he took it another shop to do the painting/bolting job and I checked the paint job had major flaws, but offered me replace my oem body kit and repaint my Wing West kit at no extra charge. He took the both oem and Wing West sides off and showed me that he might have to drill the metal body without bolting on top of the oem kit and he does not recommend it. I did not have the instructions to install the Wing West body kit and I want to make my decision correctly and I desperately need help. For the Accord sedan owners with Wing West body kit experience, how did you guys fit the side body kit correctly? I would appreciate your help! :(

nexTOme

Reaction score
so are you saying you're ww side were too short? i dont quiet understand you're situation. (forgive me)

all i know is that
1. they do go over the oem sides
2. they fit nice and snug
3. i put double sided tape on where ww sides meets the door sill (when you open the door, right below the door sill actually)
4. i drilled 2 holes from both front and rear wheel well into stock sides (no metals involved here if i remember correctly).

maybe your body-man confused left and right side?
hope this helps man :) GL! :thumbsup:

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
You did misunderstand what he said.

Body shop guy installed over his oem side and he's freaking out. Its supposed to be like that. The 01-02 rocker panels have that lil flare at the rear that pushes the skirt out more. Your autobody guy did the right thing. It's the only way it'll be stable. Mine is installed the same way.

The Accord doesnt come with a OEM kit for the sedans at all. If it did, you wouldnt need another "body kit".

rich rob

Reaction score
my sides fit perfectly and snug over my oem sides. You can't even see the oem sides anymore under the WW sides. I did exactly what Jae (nextome) did.

neostatuskuo

Reaction score
so are you saying you're ww side were too short? i dont quiet understand you're situation. (forgive me)

all i know is that
1. they do go over the oem sides
2. they fit nice and snug
3. i put double sided tape on where ww sides meets the door sill (when you open the door, right below the door sill actually)
4. i drilled 2 holes from both front and rear wheel well into stock sides (no metals involved here if i remember correctly).

maybe your body-man confused left and right side?
hope this helps man :) GL! :thumbsup:

Initally I was shocked that it fit over the oem sides, but after his explanation I did trust my mechanic that it was suppose to be done that way. It was not too short since he did fit and bolt on the front and back of the wheel wells into oem sides. Somehow the side body kit was sticking/bulging out more than it should have been and it does not flow with the doors. It did not give me the feel that it was fitted nice and that was what shocked me. Yeah, I did think about if maybe my mechanic confused with the left and right side, but he told me he would not mess up like that but I am going to check on that for sure. Otherwise I really do not know what is wrong. :skurred:

Thanks nexTOme! :thumbsup:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Sides = Sideskirts not side bodykits
Front = Front lip not front body kits
Rear = Rear lip not rear body kits

Sorry but it drives me nuts. That and people who refer to window tint as "tints".

neostatuskuo

Reaction score
You did misunderstand what he said.

Body shop guy installed over his oem side and he's freaking out. Its supposed to be like that. The 01-02 rocker panels have that lil flare at the rear that pushes the skirt out more. Your autobody guy did the right thing. It's the only way it'll be stable. Mine is installed the same way.

The Accord doesnt come with a OEM kit for the sedans at all. If it did, you wouldnt need another "body kit".

I was shocked since it did not look it flowed with the doors, so I thought it was not suppose to fit over the oem sides. I am glad that it was suppose to be that way. Yes, you are right, the oem sides of the 01-02 does have a little more flare compared to the 98-00 oem sides. That might pushed out the body kit out a little more. Somehow my side body kit still does not look clean as your car on your signature though.

My bad for saying it oem body kit, it should have been oem sides. I wish they did come out with an oem body kit for sedans though.

Thanks legendaryyaj! :thumbsup:

neostatuskuo

Reaction score
Sides = Sideskirts not side bodykits
Front = Front lip not front body kits
Rear = Rear lip not rear body kits

Sorry but it drives me nuts. That and people who refer to window tint as "tints".

I totally understand what you mean. It was my bad.
Should have been oem sideskirts instead of oem side bodykit. :eek:

neostatuskuo

Reaction score
I am ordering the 99-00 oem sides and I hope it would not stick/bulge out the Wing West sideskirt like how it was on the 01-02 oem sides. I really hope this works. :( Unless I am wrong, please correct me! Thanks for the help!!!

Back