Help with 2002 conversion to stock intake...

njmodi

Reaction score
Hi - I have a 02 4cyl EX 5spd.. I picked up a stock air intake assembly (resonator, air cleaner and piping up to TB) from Ebay... The parts came of a 2000 LX...

When I install the resonator - there is only one way it will fit, the top of the resonator is not flush with the metal in the engine bay... see pic below for reference

CAI-10_filter_box_gone.jpg

Credit: to filtsai.com - I borrowed his image :)

As you can see from his pic, the resonator box flat surface ends up flush with the metal cut out... can any one else comment on what they have seen on their own cars?

Are the 4-cyl intakes identical across all 6th Gen model years?

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

AFAccord

Reaction score
I thought the airbox had a tube from the bottom that fit into the resonator... :thinking: I'll have to take a look at the FSM.

njmodi

Reaction score
I thought the airbox had a tube from the bottom that fit into the resonator... :thinking: I'll have to take a look at the FSM.

Yes it does :) and the resonator has a tube that sticks out - they connect via a rubber part... but from that pic above, it looked to me like the resonator housing itself was flush against the metal frame looking down from the top.. mine is sticking down by an inch or so...

AFAccord

Reaction score
Well the resonator bolts into place below the bumper, so I imagine so long as you've got it bolted in place, everything will be in its correct place.

njmodi

Reaction score
Well the resonator bolts into place below the bumper, so I imagine so long as you've got it bolted in place, everything will be in its correct place.

Ya - that's what i figured... right now i'm missing that rubber hose that goes between the resonator and the airbox... darn ebay seller :bash:..

of course, i have since discovered the guy i bought the car from scammed me and sold it to me with a bad head gasket... so now i have a more pressing issue to solve :(

Back