Help with coolant crossover pipe ?

lashlee

Reaction score
I've removed the thermostat side when I replaced my VTEC solenoid gasket without removing the manifold but I'm not sure about the other end. I would think that the more that you can get out of the way will be much easier.

hondatech03

Reaction score
the im gasket is reusable, so, you can take it off and swing it to the side. now you have plenty of room.

be sure to plug the intake runners

XERXIES_333

Reaction score
I wanted the leak to be at the thermostat end, because it would have probably only been the gasket swap but the leak is at the far end of the manifold so were done working on it for the day.

I have never taken the manifold off on this car before, does any one know of anything i should be aware of before i start ?

Also what is the torque sequence for the manifold ?

Any preventive maintenance ideas while the work is being done would be appreciated.

Thanks

XERXIES_333

Reaction score
the im gasket is reusable, so, you can take it off and swing it to the side. now you have plenty of room.

be sure to plug the intake runners

I missed your post you were replying while i was replying,

What is the "im gasket" ?

Thanks

hondatech03

Reaction score
I wanted the leak to be at the thermostat end, because it would have probably only been the gasket swap but the leak is at the far end of the manifold so were done working on it for the day.

I have never taken the manifold off on this car before, does any one know of anything i should be aware of before i start ?

Also what is the torque sequence for the manifold ?

Any preventive maintenance ideas while the work is being done would be appreciated.

Thanks

Most important part is to plug the runners you do NOT want anything to fall down into the motor. red shop towels work great.

Intake manifold bolts/nuts (upper & lower) - 16lbs

I will have to find my book then I can tell you the other specs.

You can change the pcv

Brad2274

Reaction score
yes, ive done it, mine was leaking at the waterpump end.
i removed the thermostat housing and the connecting pipe, then did o rings, fairly easy since the 2 o rings are on the pipe, then reinstalled. no need to remove the intake mani, my honda shop manual shows it being done with intake still on.

XERXIES_333

Reaction score
I have just finished the crossover pipe, a little bit more time then i estimated but its done, i ended up taking the intake manifold off to get it done but also did the thermostat, ignition coil,distributor seal,cleaned the throttle body as well as the intake manifold, flushed out the cooling system and replaced all the coolant,as well as fixing the P0401 code, so the car is good to go and it accelerates a hell of a lot smoother.

Thanks for the help.

Back