Help with DIY Blackhousing Headlamps

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Well from a previous thread you may know I received the wrong type of ebay aftermarket blackhoused headlights in the mail.... http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14927

Here's what I got (no blacked out corner) :bash:

2ic3a0w.jpg

I started the blackhouse project to black out the corners and here's where I'm at now...

2ai0i8y.jpg

I removed the two screws holding in the amber strip but now what? How does the clear lens separate from the metal housing? It doesn't seem to wanna budge. :bash: Maybe the sealant is still holding it together? Any input? Here's some more pics I took. Thanks.

1z4v6f4.jpg

2jbpjj8.jpg

2ywabnc.jpg

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
u got it right my .....u jus gotta give it a lil tug because of the sealant between the reflector and the lenses...be careful though..on my first set of headlights i pulled a little to hard and a piece broke.....jus becareful...but ur on the right track

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Thanks man.. I was thinking maybe these are a little different because theyre not OEM...

olivesomra

Reaction score
yea u got keep tugging....i broke my housing as well -.-'''

if it does break, just get some industrial glue, and that should keep it together.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help guys I finished the passenger side light today and here are the results.......

2url8vb.jpg

I didn't use any extra sealant... hope it doesnt let in condensation or whatever... I got most the tabs in the best I could

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
looks nice..i havent used any extra sealants and ive opened them up twice....once to blackhouse and second time to paint high beam reflectors.....no condensation....jus take ur time....looks nice

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
looks nice..i havent used any extra sealants and ive opened them up twice....once to blackhouse and second time to paint high beam reflectors.....no condensation....jus take ur time....looks nice

damn....i think i've had mine open like 5 times now....:lawl: no condensation issues what so ever and no extra sealant either :D

Back