Help with 'Homelink' Transmitter

ey361995

Reaction score
Okay simple question. How did you guys, if any, get your garage door buttons to work? Ive gone through the manual and all those steps and still nothing. Does it depend on the type of brand my garage door opener is? They are all relatively new. Not a huge deal id just like to have it instead of putting a big bulky remote in my visor. :boohoo:

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Press and hold button 1 and 3 till the light changes how fast it's flashing.

Now take the garage door remote and put it next to the homelink. Press/hold the garage door button and the homelink button you want to use. Wait till the light flashes at a different speed. Done.

You might have a garage opener with a code that changes for security.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
When I programmed mine I think there was something in the owner's manual about it not working with certain door units but I forget what it said set them apart. I can take a look.

This is spose to be a pretty universal thing though, and not specialized. How old is the garage door unit?

ey361995

Reaction score
Its not that old. Maybe I have to look at the actual opener in the garage to see if it will activate itself to take my cars signal. Btw schmiddr2 I saw all that in the manual. But I will try the link you sent me :beer:

lashlee

Reaction score
Mine worked without much fuss. You will have to activate the opener (mine has a specific button that initiates the learn feature) and have the homelink setup.

Back